Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [2010] My dwarven neighbours have no important leader  (Read 462 times)

Safe-Keeper

• Bay Watcher
  • "Situation normal; all ****ed up"
    • View Profile
    • FS Mod tester
[2010] My dwarven neighbours have no important leader
« on: April 04, 2010, 03:26:53 am »

I still haven't received a single caravan, from anyone, and my Civilizations screen says the dwarven civilization I share the world with "has no important leaders".

Did I stop worldgen too early? Will I never receive convoys now (or for that matter, goblins sieges or whatever)?
"Sieging humans brought some war polar bears, and one of them started a camp fire. Highly trained!" --Today One accidentally introduces the panserbjørn into Dwarf Fortress lore

AussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • [Australian]
    • View Profile
Re: [2010] My dwarven neighbours have no important leader
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2010, 03:43:36 am »

I started with only a dwarven civ but elves, humans and goblins popped up later. Just wait a bit more and im sure you'll get a caravan

Lytha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2010, 05:16:41 am »

I think it's more likely that you let worldgen run too long, and the civilization is dead. I had that happen when I generated my first DF2010 world, which ran up to the year 1050.
Lytha likes fire clay, rose gold, green glass, bags, the colour midnight blue, and cats for their aloofness. When possible, she prefers to consume tea and cow cheese.

Safe-Keeper

• Bay Watcher
  • "Situation normal; all ****ed up"
    • View Profile
    • FS Mod tester
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2010, 05:17:15 am »

Ah, thanks. Guess I'll check legends or something next time, then.
"Sieging humans brought some war polar bears, and one of them started a camp fire. Highly trained!" --Today One accidentally introduces the panserbjørn into Dwarf Fortress lore