Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [0.31.01] Fat appearing outside of skin? (cyclops versus dragon breath)  (Read 661 times)

municipalis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • There really isn't anything to do there

I was mucking around in the arena, pitting some cyclopses (cyclopsi? cyclops?) against dragons, and I noticed after the dragons had lost that several of the cyclops had had all their body fat melted off - but with no actual damaging effect. Generally, you would expect that temperatures hot enough to boil away fat would cause some sort of damage to the skin, leading me to ponder if fat for these creatures (and possibly others?) isn't accidentally outside the skin layer.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
We need a common enemy we can magnify into a monster, whisper about, conspire about, hang in effigy.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile

What's really fun is when they start leaving trails of "cyclops grease" behind them.

By the way, the classical plural is "cyclopes".  Conventional plural is "cyclopses".  Firefox seems to prefer the classical spelling.

municipalis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • There really isn't anything to do there

I rather like the sound of 'cyclopes'; thanks!

Also, I just checked the raw's, and everything seems to be in order there, so this might actually affect more than just cyclopes. I'll do some testing tomorrow.

Code: [Select]
[BODY:HUMANOID:1EYE:2EARS:NOSE:2LUNGS:HEART:GUTS:ORGANS:HUMANOID_JOINTS:THROAT:NECK:SPINE:BRAIN:SKULL:5FINGERS:5TOES:MOUTH:CHEEKS:LIPS:ONE_EYELID:TEETH:RIBCAGE]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_MATERIALS]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_TISSUES]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:VERTEBRATE_TISSUE_LAYERS:SKIN:FAT:MUSCLE:BONE:CARTILAGE]
We need a common enemy we can magnify into a monster, whisper about, conspire about, hang in effigy.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile

Yeah, this happens with just about any critter with fat.  The fat will melt away, leaving everything else intact.

Admittedly, it's an incredible weight loss strategy.  Quite useful for all those "gigantic" animals you're likely to be swamped with.  However, it doesn't really make that much sense, unless you're fine with the idea of fat melting behind the skin and then just "leaking out" somehow.

Gack, I need to go think about something else.  That mental image is more than I'd care to deal with.