Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Are adventuers screwed now?  (Read 2189 times)

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
Re: Are adventuers screwed now?
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2010, 01:26:06 pm »

Personally, I don't want to spend a bunch of time tending to my wounds. Adventure mode is arduous enough as it is.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

DwarfMan69

• Bay Watcher
  • Hatred, darkness, and Despair
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2010, 01:28:00 pm »

Personally, I don't want to spend a bunch of time tending to my wounds. Adventure mode is arduous enough as it is.

What, would you rather die?

kulik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2010, 01:55:21 pm »

I would like to move with DF adventure mode in direction of "Unreal world" (some finish graphical survival roguelike). If you get hurt make bandages from your clothes to stop bleeding.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2010, 02:01:28 pm »

Right now the RECUPERATION parameter helps a lot. Superhuman recuperation means that you will survive two punctured lungs and a heart. It's really silly like that. I was running around naked catching arrows with my body for lulz.

Just level your stats before you fight, and make sure your TOUGHNESS and RECUPERATION are high.

Also it looks like disease resistance cannot be leveled, so if you get it low, better reroll.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2010, 02:34:49 pm »

with max recuperation I lost my lower body.... and lived.
Nom nom nom

LumenPlacidum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2010, 03:08:14 pm »

That SHOULD instantly kill you...

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2010, 03:20:10 pm »

wait, how do you level recuperation and toughness?
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2010, 03:35:11 pm »

Toughness by being in pain, recuperation by healing wounds. So go jump off a temple.
Any red or worse injury warrents seeing a doctor. Generaly the dwarfs will have more medical people than the other civs. Wounds that don't heal on their own will become infected and begin to rot if you don't get treated.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

DwarfMan69

• Bay Watcher
  • Hatred, darkness, and Despair
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2010, 04:04:32 pm »

Toughness by being in pain, recuperation by healing wounds. So go jump off a temple.
Any red or worse injury warrents seeing a doctor. Generaly the dwarfs will have more medical people than the other civs. Wounds that don't heal on their own will become infected and begin to rot if you don't get treated.

Wait, you can get the doctor npcs to heal you? How?

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2010, 04:10:54 pm »

Wait, you can get the doctor npcs to heal you? How?

I don't think so, but I will try next time. Wounds do heal, and some let scars. It is in fact quite hard to be injured in this new version, but when you are you are generally screwed.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2010, 04:17:39 pm »

I don't know if they can heal you per se, but as there are "Medical History" and "Treatments Planned" screens it seems likely. At the very least you could go to a Human city and buy some medical supplies, but I've only seen shops for them in the larger ones.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 [2]