Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: DF 2010 and tilesets  (Read 1756 times)

DeMasked

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
DF 2010 and tilesets
« on: April 02, 2010, 04:09:03 pm »

Are old tilesets compatible with DF2010? I'm too used to Mayday's pack and don't want to go back to ASCII.

On a side note, i was just about to finish my first ever superweapon when I found out the new release was out. I'm estatic because DF 2010 IS OUT YES! but I'm also sad because I haven't finished my superweapon, and my Reserves program just got a huge boost. :(
DF's initial learning curve is more like a learning cliff, essentially the game shoves you off and expects you learn how to fly before you hit the ground.

Wirevix

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammered Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
Re: DF 2010 and tilesets
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010, 04:10:41 pm »

Most of them should be, as far as I'm aware - the basic concept hasn't changed, you just might have to rename some file directory paths and move things around a bit - but currently starting with GRAPHICS: YES causes instant-crashes for a lot of people.
In other news, the trees in my game can have invisible sex.

zwei

• Bay Watcher
  • [ECHO][MENDING]
    • View Profile
    • Fate of Heroes
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2010, 04:16:27 pm »

Yes, tilesets are working just fine, thou they usually are not ready for new objects (like clutches).

Grature graphics is broken thou.

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2010, 04:23:51 pm »

Are old tilesets compatible with DF2010? I'm too used to Mayday's pack and don't want to go back to ASCII.

On a side note, i was just about to finish my first ever superweapon when I found out the new release was out. I'm estatic because DF 2010 IS OUT YES! but I'm also sad because I haven't finished my superweapon, and my Reserves program just got a huge boost. :(
DF 2010 does not support PNGs and alpha transparency.
But any BMP (magenta background) tileset will work.

Creature Graphic Sets are causing problems, at best you should install them in your saved games AFTER you generated the world.

Lots of features in the new release are bugged or broken, you should probably stick to your superweapon while those bugs are getting squished. :P

DeMasked

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2010, 07:33:12 pm »

I think I'll take my chances with those bugs. My superweapon is a total flop. At least I didn't flood the fort.
DF's initial learning curve is more like a learning cliff, essentially the game shoves you off and expects you learn how to fly before you hit the ground.