Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dark Human Fortress - Goblins replaced by Humans  (Read 2002 times)

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
Dark Human Fortress - Goblins replaced by Humans
« on: April 03, 2010, 06:29:10 pm »

In seemingly every world I generate where the goblins are near humans, they all die off early - replaced by the numerous humans that they've snatched. All the dark fortresses become Dark Human Fortresses. Then in most cases the humans outside war with the humans inside, eventually conquering the sites.

In one case the Dark Human Fortresses managed to survive world gen, but all of the actual goblins died off way back before year 100 (very, very few goblins ever had children, but they snatched lots of babies from the humans). The snatched humans simply carried on the goblin way of life for almost a thousand years since they all died off.

The goblins live on if they are separated from the humans, but contact always seems to result in their doom.

Anyone else notice this?
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

DarkMagnus

• Bay Watcher
  • It's a comfort sash, ok?
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Human Fortress - Goblins replaced by Humans
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2010, 07:00:13 pm »

Toady has mentioned humans are becoming more and more xenophobic. It's not surprising, then, that their proximity to an evil civ would result in its destruction. That's what I'm thinking, anyway.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2010, 07:02:00 pm »

It's not just their destruction though... The goblins just seem to kidnap a bunch of humans then die off themselves, with the humans taking over for the goblins - but still considering themselves an evil civ and still fighting with the humans.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

dbfuru

• Bay Watcher
  • TRICKINGGG
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube -Videos of my tricking progression-
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2010, 07:32:40 pm »

I have found dark forts inhabited by humans and forts with goblins.

The goblin fort had a demon inside who breathed some sort of boiling gas, too.