Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [0.31.01]Possessed Dwarves do not gather materials  (Read 1017 times)

Argoti

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
[0.31.01]Possessed Dwarves do not gather materials
« on: April 03, 2010, 12:36:01 pm »

Have had 2 possessed dwarves fail their moods because they didn't gather any materials. First a Bowyer (wanted logs, metal, bones, gems, and shell, thought it failed because of lack of shell but there was just 2 logs in the Bowyer) and now Clothier (thread, metal, logs, and gem). All materials unforbidden and in the fortress (except maybe the first one with shells, couldn't find any in the stocks and embarked with cave lobsters and I never used). Had 2 successful moods before this (secretive I believe, made a blowgun and a battle axe).

Editted to make note about shells less confusing
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 01:22:42 pm by Argoti »

Walliard

• Bay Watcher
  • On Break
    • View Profile
Re: [0.31.01]Possessed Dwarves do not gather materials
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2010, 01:15:25 pm »

Moody dwarves have a specific order they'll gather materials in; if they're stuck on shells, they'll ignore everything else until shells are available.
Toady, how much of DF is inspired by Labyrinth? Is Armok actually David Bowie? Because that would simultaneously be disturbing and awesome.

Argoti

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2010, 01:23:17 pm »

I guess, but doesn't explain the 2nd failure (which did have all the materials available)

Edit
Just checked, and I had embarked with turtles, so should have had shells
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 01:28:08 pm by Argoti »

JoRo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2010, 01:50:37 pm »

I guess, but doesn't explain the 2nd failure (which did have all the materials available)

Edit
Just checked, and I had embarked with turtles, so should have had shells

Lack of shells is part of a different bug; shells are generated at the raw fish preparation stage now, so turtles brought on embark/traded for will not give shells.
You have been struck down.
The giant cave spider spits out your head.