Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Naming Burrows  (Read 557 times)

melkorp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Naming Burrows
« on: April 01, 2010, 11:02:09 pm »

Because: to seemingly survive in 'aught.31, half my dwarves are probably going to need to live somewhat topside in Bartertown (under the protection of the Bartertown squads), while the other half are on constant, bug-eyed alert down in, um... Avernumburg. 

Each half would ideally want it's own cook and farm plots and meeting halls and hunters, I'd think.  This would mean they'd never really socialize.  So a constantly growing cultural schism within the fort could ensue...  both factions heavily armed and trained, resentments and misunderstandings building up... both sides turning against the nobility... or erupting into civil war...

Hopefully this isn't just about me getting to name something Avernumburg, but named burrows could give the idea of internicine warfare a little shape.         
He he he.  Yeah, it almost looks done...  alas...  those who are in your teens, hold on until your twenties...  those in your twenties, your thirties...  others, cling to life as you are able...It should be pretty fun though.

Sizik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Naming Burrows
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010, 03:09:42 pm »

You can name burrows when choosing what symbol to use for them.
Skyscrapes, the Tower-Fortress, finally complete!
Skyscrapes 2, repelling the zombie horde!

melkorp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Naming Burrows
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2010, 07:40:15 pm »

Oh sweet.  Thanks!
He he he.  Yeah, it almost looks done...  alas...  those who are in your teens, hold on until your twenties...  those in your twenties, your thirties...  others, cling to life as you are able...It should be pretty fun though.