Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Food Issues  (Read 669 times)

Tallim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Food Issues
« on: April 03, 2010, 10:18:05 am »

Am I missing something or have the various problems with cooking left plants as the only real food source at the moment?

Meat doesn't work and not entirely sure they even eat it raw and booze defaults back to liquid when cooked.

Will change my initial loadout if this is the case to a more agricultural based setup to ensure ample food supply.
Cats always land on their feet, finding the feet after is the trick.

JoshBrickstien

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the aspect of one fey!
    • View Profile
Re: Food Issues
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2010, 10:44:01 am »

Am I missing something or have the various problems with cooking left plants as the only real food source at the moment?

Meat doesn't work and not entirely sure they even eat it raw and booze defaults back to liquid when cooked.

Will change my initial loadout if this is the case to a more agricultural based setup to ensure ample food supply.

What? They eat raw meat for me...
Edit: OH GOD, THE LEATHERS ARE MULTIPLYING WHENEVER I SLEEP.

Tallim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2010, 10:52:01 am »

Hmmmm must be a preference issue then, seen them eat all manner of plants but no meat, it just sat there in the stockpile. Will try zoning off the brewing ingredients from the masses with burrows and see if they will take it.

Syndic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2010, 11:24:32 am »

I saw them eating meat and plump helmets alright... as for food industry, the bugs are horribly annoying (dwarven syrup, my preferred cooking ingredient, has the same problem as booze there). I'm cooking with sugar and flour right now, though the 1:1 ratio at which plants are converted into milled product makes this... less than optimal  ::)

Tallim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2010, 11:35:11 am »

Not tried milled products yet, its a little fiddly but want my kitchen to be useful for something

Tally

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2010, 12:27:24 pm »

It might be worth it to grab a couple cows, horses, and donkeys now. You can actually MILK ANIMALS NOW!

So now, you can make CHEESE. It might well be worth it to leash any cheese maker you get in the first immigration wave to a farmer's workshop, and have them pumping out milk and cheese as much as you can.

Now the livestock industry really works as it would be intended.