Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [30.1] Dwarf locked on food  (Read 529 times)

ein Syndication

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[30.1] Dwarf locked on food
« on: April 04, 2010, 04:50:15 am »

Not entirely sure what else to call this one. I have around 500 plants, 70 fish, and even a little meat, but for some reason, the only food my planter wants to eat is a single piece of rat weed, which just so happens to be right next to a zombie mountain goat who's been fighting a black bear for probably about a year now. Planter originally grabbed it to eat, walked by the fight, and dropped it in the doorway. Now it's stuck trying to eat only that, to the point he's starving now. I've forbidden it several times, I've restricted civilians to burrows that don't include it, I've tried to get him to think it's much shorter to get to the food stockpile, still only wants that rat weed.

Edit: I managed to lock him in a room, he switched to hunting small creatures. Unlocked it, he left for a while, got thirsty and went to the stockpile to drink while still starving, and upon finishing drinking, went straight back to try to get that rat weed. Every time he's on eat, if I unforbid and reforbid that rat weed, he'll cancel eat due to job item being lost or destroyed, then instantly pick the eat job back up for that one rat weed.

Edit 2: Finally got him to eat. I had to trick him into being locked in the room again, then while he was, built a second wall so that every door between him and the food were locked, then he finally went and got some prepared food. I'm surprised he didn't starve to death before it happened.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 05:23:02 am by ein Syndication »