Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: DF_31_01 Reactions... Help?  (Read 1158 times)

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
DF_31_01 Reactions... Help?
« on: April 03, 2010, 03:25:21 am »

So I know I shouldn't be, but I could care less...

I'm trying to add in free item reactions. I have them more or less figured out for 2010... buuuut... all I get is..

"No tasks available, check for material access and fuel if necessary."

I have it set so it shouldn't require any mats to be produced and no fuel...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

That's what I've got... I've compared it to other peoples raws that I've seen to do free items... but it's still not working... Help?
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

Upright Path

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DF_31_01 Reactions... Help?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2010, 03:31:17 am »

Don't quote me on this, but I think that STONE is no longer used, I think it's BOULDER now.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2010, 03:33:47 am »

I'll give boulder a try. That doesn't explain why my other reactions don't work though... maybe if I get this simple one to work it'll work...

On a side note...

Why the hell do my dwarves just freaking stand there?!?!?!?! They built a couple walls and now they are doing nothing... at all.

--edit--

boulder = nothing ... prompt in error log states unknown mat token
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 03:36:52 am by Shaostoul »
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

robfd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2010, 04:40:54 am »

Have you added the Reaction into the mountain entity?
Code: [Select]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:CHEAT_001]i think that would be the required one. if not, Don't know really im only messing arround with creatures myself.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 04:50:16 am by robfd »

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2010, 04:52:49 am »

You sir are my hero...

Toady that *expletive* is getting crafty...

Now all I have to do is regenerate the world... >.> Have to make quite a few changes to the reactions now...

Anywho! Thanks again!

SIDE NOTE...

Still no clue as to why the heck the dwarfs just stand there for (longest I've had is 10 minutes) who knows how long doing nothing.

I guess I'll have to do a lot of modding and then for personal and potentially public benefit make an all in one guide.

profit

• Bay Watcher
  • Finely Crafted Engravings... Or it didn't happen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2010, 07:15:11 am »

Yeah that threw me for a loop as well.
Mods and the best utilities for dwarf fortress
Community Mods and utilities thread.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2010, 08:43:52 am »

Still no clue as to why the heck the dwarfs just stand there for (longest I've had is 10 minutes) who knows how long doing nothing.
Probably they couldn't pass anywhere due to a new pathfinding bug.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2010, 04:20:18 pm »

What? where they randomly decide not to do anything in spite of their command giving god?

Even with all pathing obviously clear and many ways to go about anything, they still seem reluctant to work. Maybe it's the lack of pretty things in the fort >.>

Morlark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Morlark's Blog
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2010, 04:58:26 pm »

As Deon said, it's a pathing bug. As I understand it, it's triggered when you construct something that causes a change to the pathing map, and there are other (visible?) locations that are unreachable from that location. In my game it was caused by a big river dividing the map in two. As soon as I built a bridge across the river, the bug disappeared. It came back again as soon as I build a reservoir for my farm irrigation. Other people have reported the same problem when they lock the fortress entrance doors. Try unlocking doors, bridging rivers, lowering drawbridges, or anything like that that might be affecting your map.

Also, I think you probably don't need that [PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150] in your reaction. Bars are dimension:150, but boulders don't seem to have any dimension, hence why reactions involving them require only 1 boulder, instead of 150. Threads are dimension:15000, or something like that. I forget what other items have dimension so far.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2010, 05:15:11 pm »

Well, I guess I'll just have to fiddle with it then. I was placing walls at the time, but my fortress is completely open, there's nothing to restrict/stop flow of traffic.