Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What in the name of Armok... (levers, possible bug?)  (Read 685 times)

SeanTucker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
What in the name of Armok... (levers, possible bug?)
« on: April 03, 2010, 06:18:48 am »

It would appear that only certain spots on the map are fair game for levers. Any other spot will claim that no mechanisms are accessible, EVEN IF THERE QUITE BLATANTLY IS ACCESS TO MECHANISMS BECAUSE IT'S RIGHT NEXT TO THE FUCKING WORKSHOP.

Something is seriously wrong here and it's preventing me from being able to set up floodgates for farming.

EDIT: And one of my miners is just standing next to the floodgate I built, apparently just thinking "DURRRRRRR THIS IS FLOODGATE IT IS FLOODGATEY AND MADE OF CHERT". Did I just get the retard dwarves or something?
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 06:23:00 am by SeanTucker »

Scruga

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McDwarf cancels eat: Interupted by goat
    • View Profile
Re: What in the name of Armok... (levers, possible bug?)
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2010, 06:33:59 am »

It would appear that only certain spots on the map are fair game for levers. Any other spot will claim that no mechanisms are accessible, EVEN IF THERE QUITE BLATANTLY IS ACCESS TO MECHANISMS BECAUSE IT'S RIGHT NEXT TO THE FUCKING WORKSHOP.

Something is seriously wrong here and it's preventing me from being able to set up floodgates for farming.

EDIT: And one of my miners is just standing next to the floodgate I built, apparently just thinking "DURRRRRRR THIS IS FLOODGATE IT IS FLOODGATEY AND MADE OF CHERT". Did I just get the retard dwarves or something?
The retarded dwarves is incorrect. You got dwarves.
New question! If I were to remove elves [INTELLIGENT] tag in the raws, would it work?
Dwarf Fortress: Where taking a creatures intelligence is an accepted way of modding.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2010, 06:39:04 am »

Hehe.  Check that dwarfy's z screen.  Betcha he has very bad focus or something similar... if so, that probably IS what he's thinking.  If so, you can expect that silly one to always pause a bit before starting a new task.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

UberNube

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2010, 07:34:33 am »

I think I have a fix for this (it worked for my smelters claiming no fuel was available). Basically just define a burrow with one box around the location which requires materials, and one box around the materials. It instantly boosts the pathfinding speed within the burrow.
This guy gets it, the problem with the child torture dungeon is that they weren't set on fire first.

SeanTucker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2010, 07:51:36 am »

Hehe.  Check that dwarfy's z screen.  Betcha he has very bad focus or something similar... if so, that probably IS what he's thinking.  If so, you can expect that silly one to always pause a bit before starting a new task.

Yep, nailed it. All my dwarves have that, actually.

Fuck it, I'm abandoning.