Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [0.31.01] Seeds missing  (Read 3628 times)

Baro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[0.31.01] Seeds missing
« on: April 04, 2010, 06:09:28 pm »

I started a fort with my usual loadout of about 18 of each seed/spawn that I can embark with.  I like to give my dwarves a variety of food, drink, and clothing and never had a problem with this.

After a few seasons I notice none of my non-helmet farms are being seeded.  I check my stocks and I only have plump helmets, and I only have plump helmet spawn and a few dimple cup spawn for seeds.  Where the heck did all my other seeds go?  I hoped that maybe some were locked up in some meals or who knows where, but after a few years I have no seeds other than plump helmet spawn.

I don't do a lot of cooking so they couldn't have vanished that way.  Where the heck did everything go?  It seems like only eating raw food produces seeds and everything else destroys them?  Anyone have any ideas?

Hangedman

• Bay Watcher
  • Here, at the limit of this quiet world
    • View Profile
Re: [0.31.01] Seeds missing
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2010, 07:35:30 pm »

I'm throwing my hat into this issue as well.

More than once upon embarking I have arrived only to see all the seeds I spent points on are immediately gone, no trace.

Not a crippling issue but an extremely annoying one.
No, I am not ready to embark, thank you very much

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2010, 08:01:42 pm »

If you create a farm plot and it tells you 'no seeds for this location' at the start, then you need to muddy the ground before planting.  In DF2010 you need to muddy the ground to plant indoors, even if you're planting on loam or soil or whatever.

If your farm plots work fine at first but seeds gradually vanish, that's something else, and I don't know what the issue is.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Hangedman

• Bay Watcher
  • Here, at the limit of this quiet world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2010, 08:10:50 pm »

My farm plots work fine for any kind of plant I care to seed, and I ended up greenhousing some berries out of frustration.
But the seeds are nonexistent. I embark with 20 plump helmet seeds upon start and they are gone.
No, I am not ready to embark, thank you very much

shadow_slicer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2010, 10:22:52 pm »

I have noticed a couple times that I arrive with different items than I selected on the embark screen. Could something like this be happening?

Rakoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2010, 02:37:00 am »

I've got plump helmet spawn - it just doesn't show in the stock window.  It's still sitting there, in a  barrel, and once I figured out why they weren't planting in my muddy farm plot, my little dwarves scurried to grab 'em and plant 'em.

You may have it, it just isn't showing in the stocks menu.  Might try designating a seeds-only stockpile and putting all yer seeds there.

Elvensoul

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2010, 07:36:16 am »

I have lots of plump helmets. Cos of a waring ive turned of the cooking of the plumps. Also Ive bought the other dwarfish seeds from the traders but they dont show up anywhere and arent planted, too.

mattspierce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2010, 11:34:21 am »

This may be that the noble position of bookkeeper is not defined on landing.  I find I don't have much in my stocks until I get a book keeper setup and working.  Then all my stuff shows up.

Styledatol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2010, 11:32:16 pm »

Encountered the bug a few times, farmer will inform he run out of seeds and therefore cannot plant, then he'll run to rest of whatever.
Upon inspection I see that the seeds are still present and accessible. After a few minutes the farmer will continue planting seeds like nothing happened.
Rinse and repeat.

ByDurinsBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2010, 05:17:13 am »

This might be related: I have a barrel by the doors of my fortress where my stockpiles used to be. Inside are two bags, each with some seeds left from what my herbalist gathered during the first autumn. As far as my dwarves are concerned, they don't exist. Seeds are not getting moved to the indoors seed stores, and dump command does nothing either. They've sat there through multiple save/load sessions. It seems goblin thieves are not interested in any of them, either. However I CAN see them in my stocks screen.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 05:20:06 am by ByDurinsBeard »

Nirreln

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube channel
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2010, 12:35:55 am »

This bug has been reported in the tracker basically if a seed is planted and doesn't grow before the start of season it can't be planted in the farm plot is emptied.
Quote from: a rather odd engraving
This is a masterful image of your FPS and the HFS. The HFS is committing a depraved act on your FPS.