Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Getting Soildiers to Eat  (Read 570 times)

Cespinarve

• Bay Watcher
  • Lege lege lege relege labora et invenies
    • View Profile
Getting Soildiers to Eat
« on: April 02, 2010, 07:50:19 pm »

While its great that they're taking the time to train, how do I get my military to go and eat? I only have two members, and I;d like them both in the living without have to keep deactivating them.
Nice one, not sure when I'll be feeling like killing a baby but these things are good to know.
This is why we can't have nice things... someone will just wind up filling it with corpses.
Arrakis teaches the attitude of the knife — chopping off what's incomplete and saying: "Now it's complete because it's ended here."

lordofhyphens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Getting Soildiers to Eat
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010, 07:54:31 pm »

Check the DF2010 military guide; has something about the minimum squad orders
"Extinction is not an option."

Cespinarve

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2010, 08:00:33 pm »

I do that, and then it seems like they just deactivate. Also, if i don't do it just right, the whole thing crashes.
Nice one, not sure when I'll be feeling like killing a baby but these things are good to know.
This is why we can't have nice things... someone will just wind up filling it with corpses.
Arrakis teaches the attitude of the knife — chopping off what's incomplete and saying: "Now it's complete because it's ended here."

Cespinarve

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2010, 08:21:32 pm »

I have one speardwarf who's pissed about being relieved from duty, and about having to do long patrol duty. I don't want them on patrol, i don't want them active, I jsut want them training for a bit, and then going and eating and sleeping etc. I don't want this to be such a huge deal.

twwolfe

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes ponies for their cuteness
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2010, 08:41:01 pm »

IMO, the military system needs to get priority on getting a guide on the wiki. I can't get anyone to do anything i want them to do
There are dwarves that are nothing but useless sacrifices - Miners are not one of them.

RebelZhouYuWu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2010, 09:46:31 pm »

What I am guessing is that you set the min number of dwarves training to be 2, meaning that if at any time their are less then two dwarves training at any time in that squad it will force the dwarves to train regardless of the fact they are starving.