Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Unexplainable muskox blood everywhere from a Dwarf  (Read 848 times)

Avek

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Unexplainable muskox blood everywhere from a Dwarf
« on: April 03, 2010, 12:36:03 am »

in the version released on april 1st, one of my dwarves seems to just spray muskox blood everywhere when he comes in contact with water, or thats what it seems. He is in no way wounded, and he is completely clean. The blood covers a good deal of my fortress now. There are no dead muskox or any muskox near my fortress, although a few tend to walk in and off the map. anyways MUSKOX BLOOD FOR THE MUSKOX BLOOD GOD!

ein Syndication

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Unexplainable muskox blood everywhere from a Dwarf
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2010, 01:11:40 am »

I think I have something like this happening in mine, my fort's almost entirely destroyed due to a Forgotten Beast, which is currently locked in eternal combat with a dwarf caravan's guards. I was checking around and noticed after a lot of the blood disappeared, there's suddenly yellow "cave blob fluid" where blood used to be. Judging by the spatter on the ground around the beast, it's bleeding troll blood and there's no "cave blob fluid" anywhere near it.

Absentia

• Bay Watcher
  • On Break
    • View Profile
Re: Unexplainable muskox blood everywhere from a Dwarf
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2010, 02:37:46 am »

Maybe your dwarf got a transfusion from a hemophiliac musk ox. Or maybe he's secretly bleeding the oxen so he can paint the fortress red.

Or maybe he somehow managed to get musk ox blood for skin and the water is washing it off. That would rank among the more disturbing bugs I've seen.