Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Deadly Rain  (Read 1850 times)

atomfullerene

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Deadly Rain
« on: April 03, 2010, 08:01:37 pm »

The killer rain bug strikes me as being a potentially cool occurance in certain areas, especially if the rain was somewhat predictable (and therefore avoidable).  Imagine a fort in a blasted wasteland where poison rains from the sky, and your dwarves need to stay indoors.  Or an area as an adventurer where it rains something deadly at regular intervals, and you have to use your (eventually to be implemented) digging abilities to construct shelter.  Needs a warning about ominous clouds gathering.

Toastergargletop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Deadly Rain
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2010, 08:15:05 pm »

just got annihilated by acid rain.  took out 15 dwarfs.  two miners survived. D:

it looks like the rain is triggered by waves of migrants.  at least that's what's happening in my forts :/

thobal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2010, 09:14:41 pm »

I have yet to encounter this phenomena. Oddly enough, I did have dorfs unable to path through doors that werent closed tightly and cats that kept tryint to go through those that were while ignoring the one right next to it, but a couple of button pushes and it never bother me again.

Even in different forts...
Signature goes here.

Safe-Keeper

• Bay Watcher
  • "Situation normal; all ****ed up"
    • View Profile
    • FS Mod tester
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2010, 12:11:29 am »

Would be a cool feature if it didn't kill right away, so that you had time to order everyone inside.
"Sieging humans brought some war polar bears, and one of them started a camp fire. Highly trained!" --Today One accidentally introduces the panserbjørn into Dwarf Fortress lore

garfield751

• Bay Watcher
  • Aaauuugggghhhh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2010, 03:31:12 am »

ive always thought of the killer rain more like an artillery bombardment

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2010, 06:51:09 am »

Well i dont see the rain as acidic. It reminds me more on Hail - thus natural hail that is deadly would be almost normal.
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

Safe-Keeper

• Bay Watcher
  • "Situation normal; all ****ed up"
    • View Profile
    • FS Mod tester
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2010, 07:03:50 am »

ive always thought of the killer rain more like an artillery bombardment
Goblin bombers dropping cyanide?
"Sieging humans brought some war polar bears, and one of them started a camp fire. Highly trained!" --Today One accidentally introduces the panserbjørn into Dwarf Fortress lore