Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fey moods way too often [spoilers?]  (Read 584 times)

MaxMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Fey moods way too often [spoilers?]
« on: April 05, 2010, 12:21:46 am »

Maybe I'm just unlucky lately but I've been getting about 2 fey moods per years starting as soon as the first.
So here's the scenario: I'm building some rooms for my dwarves ect ect and then BAM a dwarf is possessed and takes over a workshop asking me screaming for rocks, wood, body parts and whatnot.. of course I can't provide all the materials, then he goes mad and I have to put him down.. thus my dwarves all get a big boost of unhappiness and some spiral in a frenzy of tantrum. This was fine the first few times but now it's just getting my dwarves really depressed.

As anyone noticed this or am I just crazy?

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: Fey moods way too often [spoilers?]
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2010, 12:48:04 am »

I often get up to 40 dwarfs before my first mood, you must just be unlucky.

MaxMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2010, 12:52:43 am »

I'd hardly call it luck. I can't get all those materials at the begining of the map and I feel like it's a waste of perfectly good artifacts and dwarves.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2010, 01:05:46 am »

Choosing what food you embark with can help. Going with fish and turtles with give you the supply of bones and shells you need, apart from that stones should never be a problem, bars are easy now, wood is always mostly there, depending on where you embark and silk is as hard to find as the closest cavern.

Did I miss anything?

MaxMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2010, 01:16:18 am »

Of course! How could I have forgotten to bring a couple of dismembered parts of my ancestors.  :P
But your probably right.. I hardly prepared for this journey, not to mention the lack of trees here.. but I'm holding strong.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2010, 01:20:40 am »

When dwarfs decide they want a body part from a fellow dwarf, they have a habit of taking it, other then that fish bones will do.

I always watch my embark very carefully, down to the last point.