Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: It's not the HFS that kills you [SPOILERS]  (Read 3383 times)

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
Re: It's not the HFS that kills you [SPOILERS]
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2010, 07:06:46 am »

Haha, I just played as a Dragonborn (modded race) char. Luckily, he could fly!

How do you fly with a modded flying race?

mess around with the movement keys.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2010, 02:20:52 pm »

IT"S NOT THE HFS THAT KILLS YOU!...

I was training him for 4 hours, without saving. I was going to reach the hell (btw you don't actually dig, it's too easy. It's possible to reach it through natural caverns, entering through a cave).

AND THIS...

It was an awesome dwarf with brown hair, dark brown skin and a big scar on his left cheek, left by an elven princess...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I mean, really?

Also, there's a "special" HFS besides the "common" HFS level, so you have to be lucky to find it.  It has some sweet items.

How do you fly with a modded flying race?
Shift+, and Shift+. to move up/down (as you change levels), in some cases you need to press Alt+Arrowkey to move into specific locations.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2010, 04:39:20 pm »

You do realize that his manner of death means the future-elf civ will thaw him out, only to be wiped out by the last living dwarf, right?

Super-Elf Civilization
MARKED FOR SLAUGHTER
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Vampire Penguin

• Bay Watcher
  • Forced on the bandwagon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2010, 09:27:21 pm »

I managed to get in, as I found a ledge to drop down on to. Only 2 stories, my guy survived with only a cut hand and leg. I walked around for a bit before being raped by demons.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2010, 10:07:25 pm »

I made goblins usable in adventurer mode, went down there, and much to my surprise every single demon was freindly and could take to me..... might have been a bug, but an awesome one atleast.
Nom nom nom

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2010, 12:14:30 am »

I made goblins usable in adventurer mode, went down there, and much to my surprise every single demon was freindly and could take to me..... might have been a bug, but an awesome one atleast.
it's not a bug goblins are known in 40d to have demon leaders and now with the fact the demons have to keep following goblin rules to keep that sweet gig of running a fort it make sense for them to not kill you if they did how else would they be able to join a goblin fort when they became a enemy to the only race that worships them. so you should take that advantage and explore the landscape may be recruit a witch or two and take them back and lead a army of horrors on every one.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2010, 01:44:29 pm »

I did actually, got 7 cream demons to come with me, then seiged a town.... alll the demons died to a single child.
Nom nom nom

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2010, 02:38:21 pm »

If you want to find HFS in adventurer mode, just enter the underworld through a cave and use the 'Q'uest screen and zoom to the known about HFSs (as they are shown automatically in the underground features portion) and travel in the appropriate direction until you start finding strange constructions.
Note: there WILL be lakes between you and the HFS, having adequate swimming is suggested.

Untouchable

• Bay Watcher
  • Gary Busey Smile Time Variety Hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2010, 09:43:15 am »

I've encountered a Yellow-Green demon master who was king of a civilization. Some kind of cat-human hybrid that breathed poison.

I also killed him but that's because a Warlord from a nearby town asked me to murder his king.
Pages: 1 [2]