Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [0.31.01] Random crash possibly involving squads.  (Read 613 times)

Lemunde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[0.31.01] Random crash possibly involving squads.
« on: April 04, 2010, 01:55:59 pm »

I've gotten two crashes in two different forts that occurred roughly around the same amount of game time.  The only thing I can think of that they had in common were there was one squad training at the time of the crash.  Both times I wasn't really doing anything more than looking around the fort.

I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the squads because the second fort that crashed I recovered from an older autosave that didn't have any military implemented yet.  I went on without creating a military and made it to the next season/autosave without any problems.

I'm not sure what it is that's different about my squads that's causing a crash.  I've been using only a single squad with just 4 or 5 units.  I have them scheduled to train with a minimum of 3 dwarfs.  I assign each dwarf to use swords as weapons.  I did notice that sometimes they would end up carrying two weapons, like a sword and a pick axe or a sword and an axe.  Also to keep things simple I've been assigning the same dwarf to both commander and arsenal dwarf.

Edit: Oh, one more thing I noticed that may or may not be related but is still a bug(I think).  Often times I'll see one of the military dwarfs lugging around a barrel of booze to and from the barracks.  Could be because they don't have flasks, not sure.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 01:59:10 pm by Lemunde »