Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: DF 34.01 questions/issues/discussion  (Read 3402 times)

Stormfeather

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
DF 34.01 questions/issues/discussion
« on: February 15, 2012, 05:32:57 pm »

I hope this is okay to post, I don't usually start new topics (or post too much really, for that matter... then again, I've mostly been waiting for the new release.)

My own issue that I'm wondering if others have noticed it (I don't know if it's just a quirk so far, or an Issue): has anyone else had any migrants that have deities? So far the only ones I've seen with deities are my 7 starting dwarfs. I know this isn't really a major issue yet since there's not much religion stuff in, but I just kinda like to give dwarves statues of their deities in their rooms if they're nobles or whatever, if possible, little touches like that. :p And I happened to notice it.

Also while I'm at it: is there any way to see the history of a dwarf in fortress mode itself, without going into Legends mode (which I'm not very experienced with)?

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
Re: DF 34.01 questions/issues/discussion
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2012, 05:41:16 pm »

Also while I'm at it: is there any way to see the history of a dwarf in fortress mode itself, without going into Legends mode (which I'm not very experienced with)?
No, not that I know of. Legends mode is pretty easy though, just filter string it for the name of your dwarf and you can find them really easily.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
  • thats not a red mage...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2012, 06:05:16 pm »

how the hell do hunt down a vampire
I've decided to say "fuck it" and will just implode my fort.

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

Stormfeather

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2012, 01:39:12 am »

To answer my own question (and home in on things a bit), I have now seen one immigrant with one deity - and they only had a spouse, and no children.

So I'm thinking that if a dwarf immigrates with two or more relatives listed, they won't have "room" for deities? And most of the dwarves now seem to be married with children (and quite possibly ancestors stretching back a few generations)... it's nice to see them with families, and all, but having *so many* of them already married when they come in is weird. o_O (Also, I think I've seen some move in to the fort with only one or two of their many children, I'm assuming/hoping the rest are all just fully grown....)

Fayceless

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2012, 02:01:03 am »

I had a dwarf migrate with a long list of relatives and three deities.  In a recent fort of mine, having historical dwarfs migrate with long lists of extended family and one or more deities was not at all uncommon.  If you get more historical migrants (rather than generated) you will likely end up with more filled relations screens.  Or some may not have any deities, just luck.

lastplaneout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2012, 09:42:31 am »

I'm trying to generate a world without all of the historical events revealed in legend mode. I've tried setting the REVEAL_ALL_HISTORY tag in the world_gen file to zero and also using the advance world generation settings, but I still end up with a world where all of the historical events have been revealed. I'm a relative newbie to this- so maybe I'm missing something obvious.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2012, 02:35:55 pm »

I look at the units/other screen, and I see traders on the map listed as Friendly. I think two were part of the first caravan, and I think the other traders arrived with migrant waves. The ones that migrated blocked the entry point for awhile, and I when they moved, I didn't notice new migrants after them >_<.

I noticed they ran to the trade depot when the dwarven caravan arrived.

Who are they and why are they here?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Yakko

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2012, 04:21:06 pm »

how the hell do hunt down a vampire

Press z and look in the justice tab and look at the murders, if any witneses saw you will know who the vamp is.

oldark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2012, 05:17:29 pm »

Lastplanetout, the only way I've been able to do that is just to use 'advanced world generation' and change reveal historical events in the game there to 'no'.