Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [0.31.1] Dwarf with mangled hip happily walking around  (Read 676 times)

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[0.31.1] Dwarf with mangled hip happily walking around
« on: April 03, 2010, 04:36:49 am »

So a Giant Toad attacked my fortress, and I quickly drafted my hammerdwarf (that didn't have a hammer as I forgot to take one on embark), my miners and a woodcutter immigrant to fight it.

They managed to kill it (after an extremely long fight), but one of the miners had his hip mangled.

For some reason he is still happily walking around, not even dropping to the ground because of his leg being useless, and he doesn't even seem bothered by his leg (although he passed out from pain for a short while after the fight).
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

Bingbing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.31.1] Dwarf with mangled hip happily walking around
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2010, 09:57:23 am »

I had something similar. My expedition leader was attacked by a trogolyte, and before the military could come in and slaughter them (wierdly, only one was attacking the leader), the guy got several severe wounds, including a broken LUNG. Rather than die, the hardcore dwarf (who had made an artifact, nonetheless) commenced to get back up and return to work, even as the trogolyte still lived from being smacked by 8 dwarves.

When I checked him later, only 1 wound was left, a mangled toe, and that really wouldn't do that much.
Beware. Not of the E, or of the U, or even of the &, @, and b. Beware the #.<BR>(Translation:) Beware. Not of the elephants, or of the unicorns, or even the demons, carp, and badgers. Beware the husks, for they are relentless, corrupting, and unstoppable. Only the might of hell itself can even keep it in check; and only for a small period of time. If one sees such a being; run away, unless you like the idea of joining their ranks.