Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Immortal elves? *scoff*  (Read 612 times)

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Immortal elves? *scoff*
« on: April 02, 2010, 09:22:53 am »

I'm having a bit of trouble genning a world where the elves last as a civilization until 1050.  A quick glance (I'm not very dextrous with legend mode really) suggests that they're mostly picking fights with humans and/or getting eaten by various monsters.

Am I having a stretch of anti-elven luck or does this seem to be typical?
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

TarrVetus

• Bay Watcher
  • It's... decaff!
    • View Profile
Re: Immortal elves? *scoff*
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010, 10:14:19 am »

You're not the only one with similar problems.  I keep getting worlds where humans are extremely populous, a couple of dwarven mountainhomes have lasted, and elves and goblins are almost eradicated.

While I don't think the shortage of elves is a big problem (die, treehuggers), I do like goblins for their blood.  I found just generating a world with parameters and setting the end year a few hundred lower decreases the chance of the xenophobic humans having taken over the planet.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2010, 10:15:51 am »

I've noticed humans tend to take over goblin civs from the inside, they get kidnapped and then outbreed the local goblin population.

moki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2010, 10:18:21 am »

Don't say anything bad about elves... their very first caravan brought me a breeding pair of black bears and two male grizzly bears, all in good condition (along with tons of empty cages, and the usual useless stuff...all carried by a horse and a mule :o )
But my good sir, the second death was for Dwarven Science!

TarrVetus

• Bay Watcher
  • It's... decaff!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2010, 10:20:18 am »

I've noticed humans tend to take over goblin civs from the inside, they get kidnapped and then outbreed the local goblin population.

There's some awesome potential for evil human civilizations from that.  I imagine if you encounter just the right goblin civilizations, you can get swarmed by humans with a goblin leader or two.