Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: (31-01 2010) world gen crash, and reload failure  (Read 552 times)

de5me7

• Bay Watcher
  • urban spaceman
    • View Profile
(31-01 2010) world gen crash, and reload failure
« on: April 02, 2010, 10:22:36 am »

two bugs to report

game frequently (always) crashes on world gen, for any size or type of world. Usually crashes at civ/cave civ gen stage but can crash later than this.

this didnt occur on my first day of playing the game only after i switch my pc on the next day. Ive tried resetting my pc and it still persists. I am currently redownloading a fresh version of the game.

second error

the game fails to load saves - says they are corrupted. Ive only tried this on one world gen because the error above has prevented me from creating more.

i use a vista pc with 2ghz dual core, 2gb ram, nvidia 256card. I had no problems running 40d

any questios pm me
I haven't been able to get any vomit this release. Not any I can pick up, at any rate.
Swans, too. Swans are complete bastards.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
Re: (31-01 2010) world gen crash, and reload failure
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010, 01:47:33 pm »

Do you have the game installed in Program Files?  If so, install it somewhere else.  That doesn't work well on Vista.

de5me7

• Bay Watcher
  • urban spaceman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2010, 09:45:44 am »

naa its on an external flash disk. Ive solved the problem by redownloading and now it works fine. I will add to this post if it occurs again.
I haven't been able to get any vomit this release. Not any I can pick up, at any rate.
Swans, too. Swans are complete bastards.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2010, 09:59:56 am »

Glad that worked out.  It would be helpful if you retitled this thread to "Not a bug" so that Toady doesn't have to read it.