Advanced search  

Author Topic: Magma  (Read 1047 times)

Flop

• Bay Watcher
  • Strike the couch!
    • View Profile
Magma
« on: April 02, 2010, 11:16:40 am »

Apparantly there's no longer an option to find a site with a magma pipe. I vaguely recall reading somewhere that this sort of feature would be in all sites, although I might be wrong.

Anyway, assuming that there is a magma pipe somewhere in my current site, does anybody have any ideas on how to easily find it? With all the new z levels I could be digging for years and years without hitting it.

Urist McDepravity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magma
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010, 11:18:26 am »

With all the new z levels I could be digging for years and years without hitting it.
It spans across whole z-level. Several z-levels to be exact. Its not *pipe*, its *sea* now. You have zero chances missing it, just dig below caverns.

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2010, 11:23:14 am »

Just keep digging, just keep digging, just keep digging, digging, digging!

Yus. I've yet to find it, despite being at level -120 something. But then again, the lowest z-level is a whopping -190 something on my fortress!
Add me on PesterChum! My chumhandle is doomedHermit.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.

GenericOverusedName

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2010, 11:24:51 am »

Just keep digging, just keep digging, just keep digging digging digging... what do we do, we dig, dig, dig.

Oh, and if you don't want to do that, embark on a volcano. They still have very prominent and obvious pipes of lava for you to harness. Haven't witnessed any eruptions, yet.

Edit: Damnit, beaten.

Flop

• Bay Watcher
  • Strike the couch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2010, 11:34:39 am »

Thanks guys. I guess I'll strike the earth some more.