Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Mood Modding  (Read 601 times)

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
Mood Modding
« on: March 31, 2010, 07:16:43 pm »

I have a miserable dwarf who goes stark raving mad shortly after where my save is. Is there any minor unworldregenning mod that can help? Or any way, period?
Quote from: Urist McDwarfFortress
You do not understand the ways of Toady One. He is not a business, he's just a guy trying to make a fun game. He's invited people to come along and experience the journey with him (and help him test it out as he goes along). At the end of the day, I don't think his main goal is to sell Dwarf Fortress, its just to create the best game possible.

Rafal99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mood Modding
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2010, 07:27:13 pm »

You can use Dwarf Companion to change his mood.
You will need to check it a few times later, because a mood can go Miserable again when the game updates dwarf thoughts.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 07:30:05 pm by Rafal99 »
The spinning Tantrum Spiral strikes The Fortress in the meeting hall!
It explodes in gore!
The Fortress has been struck down.

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2010, 07:51:01 pm »

I can't get Dwarf Companion to work!!
You do not understand the ways of Toady One. He is not a business, he's just a guy trying to make a fun game. He's invited people to come along and experience the journey with him (and help him test it out as he goes along). At the end of the day, I don't think his main goal is to sell Dwarf Fortress, its just to create the best game possible.

sunshaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2010, 07:54:05 pm »

Favorite food, favorite drink, favorite items/materials in room, legendary dining rooms, mist generators, lots of free time (give everyone a fair bit of time off and they will make new friends and gain happiness). Having read the other thread this was mentioned in, have them make more engravings of masterwork level. The suggested DC modification to mood, wait what version of DF are you using, some of the newer ones don't like DC.

Rafal99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2010, 07:59:18 pm »

I can't get Dwarf Companion to work!!

Get this version: http://www.pindi.us/files/df/dfcompanion-0.17c-exe.zip
It works with DF 40d16, I use it and works fine.
The spinning Tantrum Spiral strikes The Fortress in the meeting hall!
It explodes in gore!
The Fortress has been struck down.

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2010, 08:09:24 pm »

I got it to work.