Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Eli Dupree, Dwarven Physicist has created Keshanúgath, an Adamantine Sphinx!  (Read 4767 times)

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions

But I've found a flaw in the design  :o - you didn't make your mechanisms out of raw adamantine!  Of course, the generator can't make it directly, but you should have enough adamantine on the map to easily mine out enough raw adamantine to make a few dozen masterpiece mechanisms... :D
I thought about it. My personal taste, though, is that it's tacky to build things out of metal ores - and I liked having a *little* more color variety in the thing.

Do note that it is possible to construct metal mechanisms from 4 Adamantine wafers...
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

melkorp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The long 1-tile wide rooms are kind of hypnotic.  What are they for?
He he he.  Yeah, it almost looks done...  alas...  those who are in your teens, hold on until your twenties...  those in your twenties, your thirties...  others, cling to life as you are able...It should be pretty fun though.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile

I assume exploratory mining?

EliDupree

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Eli Dupree's Web Page

Strictly speaking, none of the one-tile-wide tunnels are "rooms".

Some are exploratory mining, some are magma tunnels, and some are axle tunnels (including one where I later dismantled all the axles to free up the wood.) The ones in the soil on the uppermost underground Z-level were originally training for my miners, and later used as a tunnel to trap invaders in so that I could cage even the ones that decide to run away.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile

You can use ramps on the Sphinx to make it less blocky, y'know.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

EliDupree

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Eli Dupree's Web Page

I don't want to. They can't make the lower sides or the horizonally-outward corners less blocky, so they'd make it look inconsistent instead of looking nicer.

EliDupree

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Eli Dupree's Web Page

In the chest of this item is an artifact Adamantine sarcophagus, designated to be the final resting place of His Majesty Kadol Idenathel, ruler of The Sword of Meditation.
Breaking news: Kadol Idenathel has received the honor of being interred in such a mighty sepulchre, following his going berserk for no apparent reason and immediate execution by the adamantine bolts of two idle archers.

Also, the last human trade caravan caught fire on their way out from some leftover lava - after I'd used the lava breath to kill a fleeing kobold thief - and left a huge cloud of smoke all the way down my road. It was pretty hilarious. I think they all escaped the map okay.
Pages: 1 [2]