Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Suggestions for my DM's room  (Read 572 times)

SmokedRWA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Suggestions for my DM's room
« on: March 31, 2010, 10:16:10 pm »

So I'm building a large tower spanning several z-levels for my DM, where at the very top of a column of obsidian I plan on building a orb which will serve as his quarters. Now my question is, what should I construct this orb out of? My initial intention was brimstone (which I had been importing since the second trade year), but with this being my first time using brimstone for constructions I found out that it was a very unpleasantly bright yellow. I want to go for something more foreboding and dark like bauxite perhaps, of which I have several large patches.

Any suggestions or opinions?
« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 10:23:13 pm by SmokedRWA »

Wraithsight

• Bay Watcher
  • [Magma-powered]
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestions for my DM's room
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2010, 10:56:08 pm »

Used the most feared stone known to dwarf kind:

Microcline.

Or create a constant veil of magma around his room if you have some by rigging up a bunch of screw pumps. Bonus points if you can make gaps to serves as windows.
Or, wiping out Orc forts. It's harder than it sounds. And it sounds pretty hard.

Danjen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestions for my DM's room
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2010, 01:57:17 am »

Microcline isn't horrible at all. At least, once you've modded it to a pleasant blue color like I have. :)
Quote from: mrbobbyg
Hey, I'm cool with you tying a dog up and shooting it with a ballista if you're short on elves, but there's not need to lie about it to us.