Advanced search  

Author Topic: DFG22  (Read 4998 times)

Xorxand

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
DFG22
« on: February 27, 2010, 06:39:57 pm »

Hey all,

Just checked in on the DFG project. Mike's pages shows new version as of 27 II 2010. I grabbed a copy, the install folder is still shown as 40d18???.

After "create new world" and accepting, DF stops responding at "syncronizing folders"

Can anyone else confirm this happens for them. Could be a local problem not sure.

Thanks

Arrkhal

• Bay Watcher
  • Who modded in these flying killer attack babies???
    • View Profile
Re: DFG22
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2010, 06:50:48 pm »

Just checked in on the DFG project. Mike's pages shows new version as of 27 II 2010. I grabbed a copy, the install folder is still shown as 40d18???.

I don't see what the problem is?  The website explicitly says it uses D18.

After "create new world" and accepting, DF stops responding at "syncronizing folders"

Probably a D18 error, you should check the relevant threads.  And then just switch back to D12.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2010, 06:53:24 pm by Arrkhal »
In development: Arrkhal's Material and Weapon balance
Please test and let me know what still needs fixing.  And get these freakin' babies offa me!

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2010, 06:39:37 am »

D16 was ok for me too :). But d12 was the most stable.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Arucard

• Bay Watcher
  • Menaces with spikes of apathy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2010, 05:48:21 pm »

I've been having a frustrating issue for a while with the tileset, I checked the DFG22 version and it changes slightly but doesn't work still. I have some Granite doors that are showing up pitch black, I haven't seen it with any other item/stone. In version22 the middle part of the door shows grey, but the rest still black. I don't know where/how to fix this does anybody else have the same problem?

Sizik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2010, 05:57:14 pm »

That's a technical issue with the way the game handles tilesets. The normal tile for stone doors is ┼. Granite doors are a black with a grey background. This colors any non-transparent color in the tile black, and puts the rest over the background, which is grey. Since the only transparent parts of the door are the middle, that part is grey, while the rest is black.
Skyscrapes, the Tower-Fortress, finally complete!
Skyscrapes 2, repelling the zombie horde!

TeDDD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2010, 06:50:39 pm »

Possible point of confusion for the topic-maker: the Mayday version numbers do not coincide with DF's version numbers/letters.  [As I understand it] V22 doesn't imply d22, just that it's the 22nd Mayday release.

Arucard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2010, 08:41:50 am »

That's a technical issue with the way the game handles tilesets. The normal tile for stone doors is ┼. Granite doors are a black with a grey background. This colors any non-transparent color in the tile black, and puts the rest over the background, which is grey. Since the only transparent parts of the door are the middle, that part is grey, while the rest is black.
OK, thanks for the explanation. Does this mean if I were to invert the colors it would at least show an outline? Or would that just screw up every other door instead? Or should I just deal with it as is?

random51

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2010, 08:51:38 am »

OK, thanks for the explanation. Does this mean if I were to invert the colors it would at least show an outline? Or would that just screw up every other door instead? Or should I just deal with it as is?
Easy fix is to change the color of that stone in the raws, which is what I do. I do that and change cinnabar to not look like an ore each time I unpack a new archive.

Changing the RGB values for that color in the init.txt file would work too, but of course it would affect everything using that particular color.

Sizik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2010, 01:22:27 pm »

Change the COLOR token for granite in matgloss_stone_layer.txt to [COLOR:0:7:1]

Since the default coloring for granite is [COLOR:7:0:0], light grey on black background, I assume the game flips these around when coloring doors. Since the dark gray foreground most stones have is considered the bright counterpart to black, most stone doors have a resulting black background.

Arucard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2010, 02:09:09 am »

That actually worked beautifully, thanks so much! Now my doors look like doors!  ;D

LordFrank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2010, 05:26:45 am »

So for some reason I can't get it to work. I went to the site, downloaded the most recent one and followed the instructions. I'm using 40d18 and when I start a fortress I get the same graphics in a different window size. Could anyone please tell me what I'm doing wrong?

UristMcGunsmith

• Bay Watcher
  • "Shhh! My common sense is tingling!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2010, 02:53:34 pm »

[GRAPHICS:NO]

Change that to

[GRAPHICS:YES]

In the init file of course.

LordFrank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2010, 06:14:45 pm »

Thanks for the advice. Unfortuantly, I just double checked to make sure that I did that and I'm still having the problem. These are the instructions I'm following which I took directly from http://mayday.w.staszic.waw.pl/DFGtutorial.php which is also where I down loaded the set from. I've tried it like five times and it still comes out the same. Am I just using the wrong instructions

1.Obviously, you need both the latest DFG download and the version of DF you want to play. Make sure it's the same version as the one listed next to the DFG download link! (or newer). The DF 40d download from the bay12 website is NOT the right one, chceck the forums and look for a thread on 40d+ in DF General Discussion.
2.Delete DF/raw (just in case) and replace it with DFG/raw.
3.Replace DF/data/art with DFG/data/art
4.Copy embark_profiles.txt from DFG/data/init to DF/data/init.
5.Open DF/data/art/ and remember the name of the tileset you like most.
6.Open DF/data/init.txt and edit the following part:

[GRAPHICS:YES]
[GRAPHICS_WINDOWEDX:1280]
[GRAPHICS_WINDOWEDY:400] <-you can choose a different resolution here
[GRAPHICS_FONT:yourtileset.png] <-Enter the name of the tileset of your choice here
[GRAPHICS_FULLSCREENX:1280]
[GRAPHICS_FULLSCREENY:1024] <-you can choose a different resolution here
[GRAPHICS_FULLFONT:yourtileset.png] <-Enter the name of the tileset of your choice here
[GRAPHICS_BLACK_SPACE:YES]

7.Replace the colour settings (in colors.txt) from DF with the ones in DFG/data/colors.txt

Sizik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2010, 06:44:54 pm »

(Am I correct in assuming you're not on Windows?)
It'd help if you posted the relevant contents of your init file. Also, your not putting things in <Dwarf Fortress folder>/DFG/raw instead of <Dwarf Fortress folder>/raw, are you?

LordFrank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2010, 07:35:28 pm »

I seem to have got it. I switched to 40d19 and just changes some things instead of following the instructions and now it works. Weird. ??? ;D
« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 09:23:43 pm by LordFrank »