Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Burrow - Jitsu  (Read 1232 times)

Toady Two

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_SCIENCE]
    • View Profile
Burrow - Jitsu
« on: April 02, 2010, 02:06:47 pm »

Anyone here managed to get something done using the new Burrows system? How is it working out for you? I'm looking forward to making production colonies/forward outpost in the new cavern features in my current embark and i don't know if thats feasible.

Im_Sparks

• Bay Watcher
  • Half man. Half machine. All messiah.
    • View Profile
Re: Burrow - Jitsu
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010, 02:14:01 pm »

Haven't even TRIED to get to get that up and running. I'm making a dwarven city on a half-desert half-swamp map aboveground. When it rains, the dwarves melt, so I guess the only thing I have done is make an alert that forces them in their homes and off the streets, running from acid rain.

It's actually quite funny to see a store-owner whose stuck out in the rain not make it and just Melt.
Well treat me like the disease like the rats and the fleas, A-ha-ha! A-ha-ha!
Well treat me like the sea oh so salty and mean, A-ha-ha! A-ha-ha!
Let's shake hands if you want but soon both hands are gone, A-ha-ha!
Cut me down like a tree like the lumber or weeds, well discard who you please like the leaves off a tree. Drag me out of the sea and then teach me to breath. Give me forced health till I wish death on myself. Ah! Ha! Ha!
March on! March on! March on! March on! MARCH ON!

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2010, 02:24:18 pm »

Haven't even TRIED to get to get that up and running. I'm making a dwarven city on a half-desert half-swamp map aboveground. When it rains, the dwarves melt, so I guess the only thing I have done is make an alert that forces them in their homes and off the streets, running from acid rain.

It's actually quite funny to see a store-owner whose stuck out in the rain not make it and just Melt.

wait, what?
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

Toady Two

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_SCIENCE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2010, 02:27:42 pm »

So the new versions dwarves are soluble in some instances? Thats hilarious! Almost as good as the sleeping=death bug back in the day :D .

Orkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2010, 02:34:34 pm »

The burrows saved my ass when I ordered all my civilians to a safe area while my soldiers fought against an underground beast.
Quote from: madjoe5
Dwarf Fortress: The game in which people place abducted children in a furnace to see what happens.

Huggz

• Bay Watcher
  • Sherlock Wayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2010, 03:02:39 pm »

Why do they melt??? Is it a bug?
Proper English will make people take you more serious.
In order to improve the universe's frame rate, we must all throw rocks into volcanoes and then do absolutely nothing, worldwide, for a week, to take pressure off pathfinding.

sweitx

• Bay Watcher
  • Sun Berry McSunshine
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2010, 03:08:29 pm »

As far as I can gather, there's a bug regarding temperature and the rain became superheated, vaporizing your dwarfs (and presumably everything on the surface).
One of the toads decided to go for a swim in the moat - presumably because he could path through the moat to my dwarves. He is not charging in, just loitering in the moat.

The toad is having a nice relaxing swim.
The goblin mounted on his back, however, is drowning.

PsyberianHusky

• Bay Watcher
  • The best at being the worst at video games.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2010, 03:09:44 pm »

So far the theory is heat transfer
Thank you based dwarf.

Im_Sparks

• Bay Watcher
  • Half man. Half machine. All messiah.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2010, 04:06:58 pm »

As far as I can gather, there's a bug regarding temperature and the rain became superheated, vaporizing your dwarfs (and presumably everything on the surface).

As far as I can tell it's actually a bug regarding how hard I laugh at it everytime it happens without warning.
(A x C) - B
----------   =   How hard I laughed.
100%

A= How many died
B= Age of victims
C= How close the nearest building was
Well treat me like the disease like the rats and the fleas, A-ha-ha! A-ha-ha!
Well treat me like the sea oh so salty and mean, A-ha-ha! A-ha-ha!
Let's shake hands if you want but soon both hands are gone, A-ha-ha!
Cut me down like a tree like the lumber or weeds, well discard who you please like the leaves off a tree. Drag me out of the sea and then teach me to breath. Give me forced health till I wish death on myself. Ah! Ha! Ha!
March on! March on! March on! March on! MARCH ON!