Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Toady's dark secret!  (Read 2724 times)

Dorten

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAFFEINE_DEPENDENT ]
    • View Profile
Re: Toady's dark secret!
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2010, 05:30:10 am »

What?  Is that the whole thing?  26 pages?

Oh I'm envious! I'm working on my (mechanical engineering) thesis ... 162 pages and counting.  Probably will end up around 200.  I hate hate hate writing!
Leave science. It's fun to do, sometimes, but most of the time it's just f*cking reports, thesises or articles. Yeah, I hate writing too.
Cacodemon 2nd Leutenant
medals: 8/40
specials: 30/44
badges: 13:8:3:0:0

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2010, 06:37:18 am »

I think I had about two or three dozen references for my Master's capstone, and it wound up being around 60 pages. Plus maps, tables and some custom-jiggered GIS stuff. (I ♥ ArcGIS)

And another 50 or so for my counterterrorism case study, plus the requisite maps, data tables, Powerpoint presentation, etc.

Of course, in social sciences, papers are so long because you have to spend the first half of the paper defining what the hell you're talking about, because there so little standard terminology. In math, you don't have to spend the first half of the paper reminding the reader what "addition" means.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

HexagonalBolts

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2010, 06:44:01 am »

This is Dwarf Fortress 2010 you know. The graphics are just more hardcore, you have to learn to get used to them.
Pages: 1 2 [3]