Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Human/Dwarf civ  (Read 527 times)

Deteramot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Human/Dwarf civ
« on: March 26, 2010, 07:34:59 pm »

Is it possible to create a Dwarven/Human civilization? What are the steps one would take to do so?
I'm currently making a nice room for my legendary clerk. I always treat my legendaries with the greatest respect, giving them the best rooms and so on. Although the walls are mostly engraved with pictures of my miner starving to death after he fell down a well, so it's not too cheerful.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Human/Dwarf civ
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2010, 07:46:29 pm »

It's not possible to make multiracial/cosmopolitan civs as of yet - you can make an entity entry with more than one creature tag, but that'll just make each individual civ be entirely made up of one of the specified creatures (apparently randomly). When the next version comes out (supposedly a week or so away), we'll have full-on biological castes, but there still won't be any real means of making such civs, besides making both humans and dwarfs able to give birth to both humans and dwarfs. If you see what I mean.

Deteramot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2010, 07:52:43 pm »

Hm. That sucks. What about with a cheating program? Could I use something to change the humans to my civilization or something like that?
I'm currently making a nice room for my legendary clerk. I always treat my legendaries with the greatest respect, giving them the best rooms and so on. Although the walls are mostly engraved with pictures of my miner starving to death after he fell down a well, so it's not too cheerful.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2010, 07:56:14 pm »

There are programs that allow that to be done, but it's a severe form of modding. Also those programs don't support the current versions. Probably 40d at most.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 08:11:53 pm by Jimmy »