Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: So my king came...early?  (Read 2083 times)

Trigonous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: So my king came...early?
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2010, 02:58:39 pm »

Check if your king is Dwarven.  It's possible to get a non-dwarven king, and if it is, then he'll hang out at the edge until he dies in the next siege.
So of all the things you can do in DF, it's the fractal artifacts that make you think dwarves are crazy.

Never mind the magma falls, the atom smashers, the cog-and-axle turing-complete computers, or the colonizing of Hell itself... all those are fine, but man, those recursive artifacts! Where do they get such ideas?

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2010, 07:17:31 pm »

... unless you use something like the slavery/friendship mod to force them to your civ, or use Dwarf Companion to make them a dwarf.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Lancensis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2010, 07:58:39 pm »

... unless you use something like the slavery/friendship mod to force them to your civ, or use Dwarf Companion to make them a dwarf.

It's academic anyway. It's a bona fide dwarf.

Maybe if he stays still long enough I can drop the floor out from undereneath him and catch him in a cage so he can be fed. Not that there's any water on this map.

Malsqueek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2010, 09:17:02 pm »

You do have to hurry a bit. I struck adamantine once on the initial breach into my hillside, and by the time I had even carved out enough of a room and built the furniture (didn't realize i had to expect 40 dwarves AND the king during the first summer), he went crazy and killed my mason.

You probably only have about two seasons before he flies off the handle.
Pages: 1 2 [3]