Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Wonky Screen Size  (Read 714 times)

Slinkyfest

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Canuck
    • View Profile
Wonky Screen Size
« on: March 24, 2010, 10:37:52 pm »

Hullo all, its been a while since I mucked about with dorfs, and In that time I had a fairly significant computer upgrade. Going from a 2.1ghz machine to a quad core 2.5ghz with most of the trimmings.

I am getting back into it, but the standard 800x600 is, well, tiny. My native resolution is 1920x1080 and I can barely read the opening text of the menu. Now I am using a graphic tile set ( http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/40d:Graphics_set_repository#Dystopian_Rhetoric ) with instructions from ( http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/Tileset#Graphics_sets ) I also removed the black space, assuming it would expand to fill the screen afterward. Not so much.

I have also applied a few of the frame rate optimizers from ( http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/40d:Maximizing_framerate ) Though I would not think they would affect this sort of thing...

Basically I would love some help because I am finally in the mood to get my dorf on again, and I can't bloody well see the dorfs!

EDIT:      I am running df_28_181_40d19_2_win btw
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 11:05:30 pm by Slinkyfest »
GENERATION 25:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Sizik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wonky Screen Size
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2010, 10:58:46 pm »

Set these values in your init.txt:
[FULLSCREENX:1920]
[FULLSCREENY:1072]
[BLACK_SPACE:YES]
[FULLGRID:120:67]

Alternatively, use one of the recent 40d## versions and you can change the grid size with the mouse wheel in-game.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 11:05:35 pm by Sizik »
Skyscrapes, the Tower-Fortress, finally complete!
Skyscrapes 2, repelling the zombie horde!

Slinkyfest

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Canuck
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2010, 11:04:15 pm »

In the graphic resolution or the standard resolution? Or should I just copy and paste this in there willy nilly?
GENERATION 25:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Sizik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2010, 11:08:21 pm »

In the graphic resolution or the standard resolution? Or should I just copy and paste this in there willy nilly?

Must've missed that part. Put those values into
[GRAPHICS_FULLSCREENX]
[GRAPHICS_FULLSCREENY] and
[GRAPHICS_BLACK_SPACE]
instead
Skyscrapes, the Tower-Fortress, finally complete!
Skyscrapes 2, repelling the zombie horde!

Slinkyfest

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Canuck
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2010, 11:09:17 pm »

Alternatively, use one of the recent 40d## versions and you can change the grid size with the mouse wheel in-game.

haha wow. There we go, the mouse wheel shtick fixed it. Kudos to you Sizik. ON TO THE DORFENING!
GENERATION 25: