Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Building Mills/Lava Forges with Channeled Water/Lava?  (Read 720 times)

eoe42

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Building Mills/Lava Forges with Channeled Water/Lava?
« on: September 03, 2006, 09:40:00 am »

Well, after digging halfway across the map, building a set of floodgates, building a lovely aquaduct over the chasm, and accidentally flooding my fort when I built an aquaduct over the river, I finally managed to succeed in channeling lava to a point near my main work area, only to find out that you can't build lava forges with channeled lava. I don't know if this is a design decision or just something that hasn't been coded for, and I guess I should pay more attention to the wiki, but it does make me wonder what the hell the point of being able to channel lava is, other than giving you a more interesting way to drown invaders. Are there any plans to put this in, or a reason why it won't be implemented?

P.S. I <3 DF, keep up the good work!  :D

Aquillion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Building Mills/Lava Forges with Channeled Water/Lava?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2006, 11:27:00 am »

This is, indeed, something planned for the future.  Toady said the risk of having a route for lava creatures to go into the heart of your fortress will balance the advantage it gives you.
We don't want another cheap fantasy universe, we want a cheap fantasy universe generator. --Toady One