Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Slavery enhancer 4*pi 1.8 ver  (Read 11761 times)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: Slavery enhancer 4*pi 1.8 ver
« Reply #45 on: February 13, 2010, 05:27:54 pm »

you could add a way to convert others to join you in adventure mode?

edit: don't swap civs if you enslave creatures that are savage or hates the other civ they would A) attack them
b) be killed by that civ
and switching back only leads to your remaining former savage miners getting attacked by the civ you swap from.
if that made no sense here another way.
if you captured snakemen and blizzardmen with civ a
and then swap over to civ b
they will go nuts and attack those slaves
swapping back to civ a causes your slaves to not fight back thus civ b will slaughter them with ease.
best bet is to separate the two civ from each other or remove some tags on the creature files to make them more friendly.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 02:28:41 am by Rumrusher »
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Biopass

• Bay Watcher
  • Human
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 01, 2010, 11:09:52 pm »

I had somthing interesting happen while I was using this. I had just gotten an artifact crossbow, so I made a chamber into which I would lock a lowly marksdwarf, to whom I would occasionally drop bolts, food, and booze. After training for a year, she would emerge a legend, armed with the artifact, and would lead her people to victory.

I also had a caged kobold. It had been discovered in the main hallway, and the nearest peasant had punched it backwards... into a cage trap. I had the idea of having this single kobold for the Champion's slave. Nothing big, just to arrange stockpiles, clean up the archery range, etc.

I used the "steal" feature and uncaged the kobold, who showed up as a miner. The first odd thing I noticed was that it had the "this animal cannot work" screen for Prefrences, has Knife Fighter skill (as well as mining and ambushing) on the General list, and was not ready for slaughter.
As soon as it was out, a mason attacked it and broke six bones before wandering away. My legendary mechanic came along and took it to a bed, where it's been resting since.

Anybody have insight?
500 fps vanilla 4x4 embark. intel master race.

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 02, 2010, 01:39:32 am »

1) kobold getting hit is easy: sometime ago he did something bad, so he was announced enemy of this civ.
2) not being able to set jobs: check if races.txt has kobold and if not append. I still haven't found what allows setting jobs to dwarves and what dissallows setting jobs to cats, dogs and etc. Maybe i didn't test it out with kobolds (could be that they are minor creatures) but that would be somewhat illogical. Also it's interesting that mason did not kill the poor kobold...

Biopass

• Bay Watcher
  • Human
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 02, 2010, 12:22:47 pm »

Kobold was in the races file.

It's another example of DF glitches emulating real life. The mason got pissed at the kobold for daring to steal from the fortress, so he beats him up but leaves him alive. Kinda awesome how DF does that.
500 fps vanilla 4x4 embark. intel master race.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #49 on: March 13, 2010, 09:55:13 am »

I have found something quite interessting with Spellcraft (yes I know this is not rigght thread but it relates to it)

when i was using it, I had used the conversion rune and creatures that were coverted i could assign labors but they wouldn't do anything (tested with Skull Totems and Animation rune) the creatures made from totems and converted had this effect, but using Friendship I couldn't controll them.

So would it be possible to remove the (tame) and [stray] from the selected races (creatures) with another untility but still have them a part of your civ?

If not maybe you could use a little bit of Dwarf Theripist (read lisense and I believe its a general shareware code, just as long as credit is given)

That is if your not busy with other projects lol

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 13, 2010, 11:53:01 pm »

well thanks to the slavery enhancer 4*pi v.1.8 I found out that adventurers can give birth! some can give birth faster with use of races that have a shorter pregnancy. oh I also named the first born catdwarf after you.
"body swapping and YOU!"

NRN_R_Sumo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 21, 2010, 09:48:00 pm »

I'm screwing around with the ingame civ changer and am wondering if there is a list of civ ID's which I would enter, I tried checking with dwarf companion but to no avail I cannot find it.
Interesting too that you can civ yourself as differant animals including vermin.

Edit: Also I was having trouble getting my goblins to eat or drink. Granted I'm on a glacier map right now, and have only plants in my underground magma heated fortress.. The drinking part boggled me a fair bit though..
Does it matter if you have a designated drinking area for them? I didnt because I only have a small part of the map where I have water generating from a magma warmed bed
edit2: Nevermind, my dwarves were giving me messages aboutnot being able to give bed ridden dwarves water as well, my bad. :D

But still, my goblins didnt drink any of the booze I have.. which is strange.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2010, 09:56:54 pm by NRN_R_Sumo1 »
A dwarf is nothing but an alcohol powered beard.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 23, 2010, 03:11:53 pm »

From what I understand, this program can functionally hack the game to force a civvable race creature to be part of your fort, so that you can control them like a dwarf of your own fort, which is spectacular. 

What I'm wondering is if there is a way to make this work for royalty of a non-dwarf race.  From what I understand, this program makes a creature a miner, but is it possible to make a "royalty edition" that would change an elf queen or elf king (and their consort), like a Cacame, into behaving the way that a king or queen would behave, instead of turning them into a standard laborer?

It would be nice if non-dwarven dwarf civ royalty behaved like a royal should.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Renault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 23, 2010, 03:15:47 pm »

you can type in witch races are to be affected.

Witches! Egad, man! Their power is too great for us to control them!

In seriousness, nice program. This is quite an impressive accomplishment, bravo.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 23, 2010, 09:00:16 pm »

From what I understand, this program can functionally hack the game to force a civvable race creature to be part of your fort, so that you can control them like a dwarf of your own fort, which is spectacular. 

What I'm wondering is if there is a way to make this work for royalty of a non-dwarf race.  From what I understand, this program makes a creature a miner, but is it possible to make a "royalty edition" that would change an elf queen or elf king (and their consort), like a Cacame, into behaving the way that a king or queen would behave, instead of turning them into a standard laborer?

It would be nice if non-dwarven dwarf civ royalty behaved like a royal should.
yes the stealing doesn't make them a perma miner just gives them the title of one they should (if you didn't have slavery on) have no labor toggle when you steal them making them the baby plopping lazy nobles you wanted!
oh if your near carp infest waters try stealing few13 or more of them and if lucky round them into a military group and have them patrol the fishing grounds.
"body swapping and YOU!"

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 24, 2010, 05:22:24 am »

Ah, that's good to hear, then, as it means that all I have to do to prepare for my incoming queen now is to just finish building and furnishing her room...

Carving it out was the simple part, and 10k value is as simple as engraving the huge rooms and chaining up a little menagerie befitting an elf queen of the dwarves (I'm thinking giant jaguars, enslaved lizardmen pets, and cave crocs, plus hopefully some tower caps will grow next to the waterfalls).  The problem is getting my metalsmiths up to legendary so I can get masterwork platinum thrones, as I've previously relied upon nothing but masonry and glassmaking for my seating arrangements.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 24, 2010, 07:27:56 am »

Ah, that's good to hear, then, as it means that all I have to do to prepare for my incoming queen now is to just finish building and furnishing her room...

Carving it out was the simple part, and 10k value is as simple as engraving the huge rooms and chaining up a little menagerie befitting an elf queen of the dwarves (I'm thinking giant jaguars, enslaved lizardmen pets, and cave crocs, plus hopefully some tower caps will grow next to the waterfalls).  The problem is getting my metalsmiths up to legendary so I can get masterwork platinum thrones, as I've previously relied upon nothing but masonry and glassmaking for my seating arrangements.
the best thing about the conversion is that if you feel like she mandating so much just hit V P L and toggle the task and get her to do it her self fun times will roll when she fails her own mandate! oh the idea of (S)lavery and (E)xperimenting with the idea of lizardmen head guards with cave crocs and giant Jaguars patrolling her palace is a great way to show luxury. 

edit: this got me thinking if darius can make taming animals a breeze and runes that can release creatures(unearth seems to be bugged though) could them be used to capture and collect the wild life in adventure mode maybe like one could craft a ball and encrust it with projectile sentry and runes of sealing or summon?
and be able to toss this to the ground and pop out a !!koblod!!
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 07:12:02 pm by Rumrusher »
"body swapping and YOU!"
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]