Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: King related questions...  (Read 1187 times)

The_Kakaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
King related questions...
« on: March 26, 2010, 08:52:18 pm »

This is about the spoiler king so:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Anything that happens in your land is your fault.  If the merchants decided to show up next to a volcano and jump in, it would still (somehow) be your fault.  If their liaison dies of old age on your doorstep, it's your fault.  If you accidentally lock the elves in the depot and wait until they're insane to capture them in cages and then lock the next group of elves in the depot and unleash the insane elves their cages, that's still somehow your fault.

Hyndis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: King related questions...
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2010, 08:53:17 pm »

Kings do not make demands, ever. Also your fortress should become a mountain home if your king arrives. If your king is there then it is the seat of that civilization.

The_Kakaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2010, 08:58:42 pm »

Well the button still says abandon... will the fort continue afterwords since the king is there?
Anything that happens in your land is your fault.  If the merchants decided to show up next to a volcano and jump in, it would still (somehow) be your fault.  If their liaison dies of old age on your doorstep, it's your fault.  If you accidentally lock the elves in the depot and wait until they're insane to capture them in cages and then lock the next group of elves in the depot and unleash the insane elves their cages, that's still somehow your fault.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2010, 10:19:03 pm »

No, never.
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

LoneJedi7

• Bay Watcher
  • The CaKE is A LIE
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2010, 10:35:05 pm »

i actually have a question regarding the king. does him making your fortress a "mountain home" actually have any use, or is it just a pointless thing that his arrival does?
ℍ!Ξ[/[Θ]![ℍ∑▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀)

immibis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2010, 10:42:25 pm »

i actually have a question regarding the king. does him making your fortress a "mountain home" actually have any use, or is it just a pointless thing that his arrival does?
You don't get dwarven caravans any more, since they come from the mountainhome and you're the mountainhome.
If I wanted ramps I would've designated ramps, dammit!

LoneJedi7

• Bay Watcher
  • The CaKE is A LIE
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2010, 10:46:03 pm »

You don't get dwarven caravans any more, since they come from the mountainhome and you're the mountainhome.
ISNT THAT A BAD THING!?!
ℍ!Ξ[/[Θ]![ℍ∑▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀)

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2010, 10:50:11 pm »

Kings do not make demands, ever. Also your fortress should become a mountain home if your king arrives. If your king is there then it is the seat of that civilization.

Not true - while kings don't make Mandates, they DO make Demands (e.g. "item in room").

Also not true - you'll still get dwarven caravans, but you won't get a liaison anymore, since the liaison became the Advisor.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Hyndis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2010, 11:11:42 pm »

Ehh, a demand is something you can easily ignore. Its the mandates that cause hammerings.

But you do still get caravans when you have a king, you just no longer get a liaison.

Sometimes the liaison joins you, becoming the king's adviser when the king migrates to your fortress.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2010, 06:43:32 am »

Ehh, a demand is something you can easily ignore. Its the mandates that cause hammerings.
and 'mysterious accidents'.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

The_Kakaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2010, 01:47:09 am »

That stinks!  I could have sworn there was something in the wiki that said the king would allow a different type of ending for the fort.... grrr

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2010, 01:55:00 am »

That stinks!  I could have sworn there was something in the wiki that said the king would allow a different type of ending for the fort.... grrr
Keep digging that adamantium out, you'll unlock a new ending eventually.

So to speak.

The_Kakaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2010, 01:56:41 pm »

heh, the clowns were no match for 15 adamantine armed and armored champions with crossbow support behind walls.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2010, 04:49:16 pm »

heh, the clowns were no match for 15 adamantine armed and armored champions with crossbow support behind walls.
Well, darn. No end for you, then.

Deimos56

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: unicorpion]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2010, 05:38:19 pm »

There's still an end, most likely. And it will happen something like this.
Most likely, your king will make friends. I can't remember if they do or not, but they probably do.
Chances are, your king is old. They tend to be, really.
Most likely, when he kicks the bucket there will be tantrums. A symptom of friendship.
Chances are, the tantrums will cause more deaths, creating more tantrums...
Chances are, your fort is on a timer now, the end of which being a massive self-destruct.
Enjoy what remains of your fort. ;D
On a brighter note, if you can get ahold of legends mode, you can see when he was born. Dwarves live... what, ~250 years? ~120? Anyway.
I'm curious what the barely conscious ai wrote about.
Well that went better than expected.  He went nuts and punched a rabbit to death, then the dogs and the whole dining hall ripped him to shreds.