Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Cistern Issues  (Read 570 times)

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
Cistern Issues
« on: March 24, 2010, 06:41:18 pm »

I have a cistern which my dwarves were filling. After some time, the cistern is all 5/7 filled with water. Now my dwarves don't want to fill the pond. The error message says "...cancels Fill Pond: No water source"

I have a river and some ponds designated for water source, but the dwarves won't fill my pond. Help?

EDIT: I somehow turned on the option that only soldiers can go outdoors. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 06:56:34 pm by They Got Leader »
Quote from: Urist McDwarfFortress
You do not understand the ways of Toady One. He is not a business, he's just a guy trying to make a fun game. He's invited people to come along and experience the journey with him (and help him test it out as he goes along). At the end of the day, I don't think his main goal is to sell Dwarf Fortress, its just to create the best game possible.

Renault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cistern Issues
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2010, 09:48:22 pm »

You actually used like...buckets? :o I'm in awe. It takes so long whenever I try it, I just build an aqueduct, fill the pond from my pumphouse, and then collapse the whole thing. Then again, it's probably just my love of building things, heh.

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2010, 09:58:06 pm »

I'm 16 z-levels underground. Yeah.
You do not understand the ways of Toady One. He is not a business, he's just a guy trying to make a fun game. He's invited people to come along and experience the journey with him (and help him test it out as he goes along). At the end of the day, I don't think his main goal is to sell Dwarf Fortress, its just to create the best game possible.

Renault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2010, 10:02:01 pm »

In that case, tunnel, heh. Afterwards it could be retrofitted as a Goblin chute, perhaps.
But buckets, that's pretty admirable. You have some devoted dwarves.

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2010, 10:17:45 pm »

31 of them. I have a bunch of migrants that are all engraver/haulers. And I have 2 buckets. So at any given moment someone was moving water. I have the beginnings of my map on the archive if you want to look it up. Its solidly underground on the bottom floor of the world, 16 layers under the earth.