Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Interrupted by Guard?  (Read 706 times)

Boatmurdered

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Interrupted by Guard?
« on: March 22, 2010, 02:58:45 pm »

I just got hit pretty bad by a goblin siege, so I've got several dead dwarves. I've built coffins, and have placed them in a room, and have assigned them all for burial. However, when my dwarves try to carry the bodies into the coffins, they stop. I've been assaulted with messages saying that they've been interrupted by guards.

I do have an elven caravan getting ready to leave, but I don't see them stopping anyone, so I'm at a loss. Anyone experienced this before?
I think this is where the DF-players-are-Hitler jokes go from being just jokes to still jokes but lose some of their irony.

Still. Someone has to open up a chain of McUrist's sooner or later.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Interrupted by Guard?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2010, 03:01:53 pm »

One of the goblins happened to be a guard of one of the civ's towers. If they're getting interrupted by a guard, it's likely that he's still on the map somewhere.

Look in your unit list for invaders whose profession name is Guard.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Boatmurdered

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2010, 03:05:00 pm »

Ya, I just found him a z-level under my bridge. I'll send some military out to deal with him.
I think this is where the DF-players-are-Hitler jokes go from being just jokes to still jokes but lose some of their irony.

Boatmurdered

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2010, 03:21:28 pm »

Quick update. My dwarves seem to be doing nothing about this guard. I dont know if he's drowning or not, but he's completely covered by water, and doesn't seem to be drowning.

Spectre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2010, 04:37:38 pm »

You can check if hes drowning by 'v' than pointing at him and than 'w'. There should be an indicator on the right side. If it says drowning you just have to wait a little.
If not. Well, I suggest Marksdwarves.

Renault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2010, 07:54:23 pm »

If he's not drowning, watch out. I once had a similar situation, for some strange reason he just kept swimming in that one spot for years--by the time I finally decided to finish him off, he'd gotten so unnaturally strong he absorbed a whole volley from 5 marksdwarves and wasnt even phased. Anyone who gets too close would probably have a very fun time. Ahem.