Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: More Attackers in Sieges/Kobold Attackers  (Read 512 times)

Huggz

• Bay Watcher
  • Sherlock Wayne
    • View Profile
More Attackers in Sieges/Kobold Attackers
« on: March 21, 2010, 04:01:32 pm »

Ok, so I have 2 kinda questions:

1) How do I make it so that WAY more people attack in sieges? Like, 5 times as many?

2) How can I change kobolds to a race that sieges like goblins, doesnt run away, and starts off at like 30-40 attackers?
Proper English will make people take you more serious.
In order to improve the universe's frame rate, we must all throw rocks into volcanoes and then do absolutely nothing, worldwide, for a week, to take pressure off pathfinding.

kotekzot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: More Attackers in Sieges/Kobold Attackers
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2010, 04:08:13 pm »

1. You can't.

2. Replaced item_thief with babysnatched in kobold's raws.
Dwarf Fortress: Where violent death is a renewable resource
Bro, your like... thinking like a square man... its like, the WHOLE lamprey is just like, one big NECK dude, you know? its like hahahaha! dude protect the trees though, seriously. *inhale*... anyways... you like, want this dead black bear, bro?

Huggz

• Bay Watcher
  • Sherlock Wayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2010, 05:28:43 pm »

Do races send more depending on how many of them there are? Cos then I could just make them breed stupidly fast. Also, I dont really understand your answer to 2, sorry :(...
In order to improve the universe's frame rate, we must all throw rocks into volcanoes and then do absolutely nothing, worldwide, for a week, to take pressure off pathfinding.

Lancensis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2010, 05:48:59 pm »

Do races send more depending on how many of them there are? Cos then I could just make them breed stupidly fast.

It ought to help, and is your best bet. Remove [MULTIPLE_LITTER_RARE] from their creature definition and give them a littersize like, 5:25 or something.

Remove [SKULKING] from Kobolds and they'll act not unlike Goblins except without the babysnatching. Oh, and give them [NOFEAR].

Vertigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2010, 05:58:35 pm »

If you make lots of [EVIL] tags, like [EVILA],[EVILB], C and D, and make them active in the different seasons

EVILA: Active in Spring
B: Summer
C: Fall
D: Winter

and give all four to the goblins, they'll siege you year-round.

Zaranthan

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet Smelter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2010, 10:15:23 pm »

If you make lots of [EVIL] tags, like [EVILA],[EVILB], C and D, and make them active in the different seasons

EVILA: Active in Spring
B: Summer
C: Fall
D: Winter

and give all four to the goblins, they'll siege you year-round.

Don't spread second-hand information if you don't actually understand it. ENTITY:EVIL is goblins, kobolds are ENTITY:SKULKING.

The trick he's trying to describe is year-round sieges. Make multiple copies of a race's ENTITY: entry from entity_default.txt, each with a different ACTIVE_SEASON tag (and a unique ENTITY:BLAH tag for each, of course). If you're generating large enough worlds, you can make two copies for each season in case you beat one of them hard enough to pacify them for a year or two.

As for your ACTUAL question, you'll want to adjust the PROGRESS tags to make them attack earlier, which will in turn bring larger sieges sooner. Sadly, there's little you can do to make them simply bring more troops in the first place. Just kill them off as best you can and they'll send more elites next year.
Quote from: Howard, Nerf This, by Scott D. Ferguson
Villains sleep with hookers, heroes sleep with destiny.

Huggz

• Bay Watcher
  • Sherlock Wayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2010, 03:05:09 am »

Ok, thanks, I think I got it working :P
If anything spectacular happens I will post it :P