Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist Help  (Read 4402 times)

Mythos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dwarf Therapist Help
« on: March 15, 2010, 09:12:37 pm »

I just updated my version of Dwarf Fortress, and apparently that means I can't use Dwarf Manager anymore. I'm using Dwarf Therapist now, and I can't find a way to sort everyone by their profession. I really liked that in Dwarf Manager. Is there any way to do that in Dwarf Therapist or will I just have to get used to not having that feature?
So, I tediously awaited the arrival of the dwarven caravan (I'm set up on a island, see)... And, they came. My fingers tingled, my nose twitched and my toes tickled... they came around the corner, over my bridge... Into my courtyard... Onto my trade depot...

Then everything near it exploded in a cloud of blood.

SocietalEclipse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist Help
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2010, 10:20:52 pm »

The last set of offsets added d17 and d18.  It may be so close to the new version that people aren't bothering with d19 when they'll have a lot of work updating their utilities for the major revision. ???

smokingwreckage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2010, 05:57:43 am »

DT allows sorting by profession, it has a little "sort by" drop down menu on the top left.

Mythos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2010, 06:34:44 pm »

The "sort by" thing only allows ID, name, and game order, what are you talking about? I'm hating this damn thing, it can't even show everyone grouped by profession so I can assign everyone new to my custom professions easily when new people come... I'm considering going back to the old one just so I can use Dwarf Manager.

EDIT: Ah, to hell with it, I'll just go back to 40d11. The changes won't be that big of a deal, and it's worth it to be able to use DM.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 06:40:50 pm by Mythos »
So, I tediously awaited the arrival of the dwarven caravan (I'm set up on a island, see)... And, they came. My fingers tingled, my nose twitched and my toes tickled... they came around the corner, over my bridge... Into my courtyard... Onto my trade depot...

Then everything near it exploded in a cloud of blood.

Geti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2010, 07:00:29 pm »

If there's no proper sort menu, you're likely doing something wrong, be it having the wrong version of DT or installing it badly (doubt either of them, but it's possible)
my (and apparently smokingwreckage's) DT allow sorting by everything from migration wave to job to profession to legendary status.

Malicus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2010, 02:54:47 pm »

You need to change the "group by" (in the upper-left) to profession, then they will be sorted by profession (as they get sorted by whatever they're grouped by).  ...I didn't even know there -was- a "game order" sort, because I'd never right-clicked that.  It only seems to apply to sorting dwarves when they're not grouped by anything, though.

EDIT: Ah, to hell with it, I'll just go back to 40d11. The changes won't be that big of a deal, and it's worth it to be able to use DM.

I dunno.  DM seemed unstable as hell when I remember using it.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 03:00:02 pm by Malicus »