Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: I feel like [s]Hitler[/s] Stalin now...  (Read 9050 times)

Overspeculated

• Bay Watcher
  • euklid on pth
    • View Profile
Re: I feel like [s]Hitler[/s] Stalin now...
« Reply #60 on: March 17, 2010, 12:10:38 pm »

I will admit my numbers may be wrong, all I can tell you definitively is that Mao's kill list is larger than Stalin's.
I find it very disturbing and depressing that you trivialise such horrors and terrible occurrences, turning it into a competition to see whose "kill list" is bigger and better.

Its all fun and games when speaking about a game, but when you start joking about actual genocide you go to far. Show some goddamn respect.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 17, 2010, 02:25:39 pm »

Show some goddamn respect.

Grow a goddamn beard.

Blackburn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 17, 2010, 03:43:04 pm »

If you want to compare yourself to a communist dictator, use Mao Zedong/Tse-Tsung/howeveryouspellit. Stalin killed about 2 million of his own people, Mao killed about 4 million. Mao was the communist leader of China after WWII.

If you include starvation, which, lets face it, requires a 1 square room, bed, and door, Stalin could be said to have killed ~20 million. Evidenced by the fact the USSR's FPS boomed. 2.6 to 10 million in the Ukraine alone, which isn't famous for it's soap making.
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holodomor)
This is what I meant when I said Stalin killed more people. So much focus on becoming a military power, no focus on making food.

Sadly, that sounds a lot like an average fortress in this game...

I find it very disturbing and depressing that you trivialise such horrors and terrible occurrences, turning it into a competition to see whose "kill list" is bigger and better.

Its all fun and games when speaking about a game, but when you start joking about actual genocide you go to far. Show some goddamn respect.
Who's trivializing? The way I see it, we're comparing death tolls to figure out who the biggest murderer on the face of the planet is/was.

But if someone is joking about mass death and I'm just not seeing it, well, fuck them for being bastards.

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 17, 2010, 07:03:05 pm »

I realize fully the atrocities that I describe should not be trivialized, and the loss of 20 million human lives is no laughing matter. I meant no disrespect, I'm just saying what I know.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #64 on: March 17, 2010, 09:39:40 pm »

Man this is great, I just wish the next version was out so I could compare my continual sending of troops out to kill the elves to the Crusades. Man they really knew how to make war back then.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • The Light shall take us
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 18, 2010, 05:25:27 am »

This deserves a huge fucking facepalm in context with the previous posts.
Quote from: Akura
Now, if we could only mod Giant War Eagles to carry crossbows, we could do strafing runs on the elves who sold the eagles to us in the first place.

Raging Mouse

• Bay Watcher
  • The mouse has become enraged! *DOUBLECLICK*
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 18, 2010, 05:31:13 am »

I believe that kind of was the point.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 18, 2010, 07:51:15 am »

Show some goddamn respect.
Grow a goddamn beard.

Pretty good summation of the thread, which by the way is hilarious.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #68 on: March 18, 2010, 12:47:08 pm »

I kinda just look at people talking about killing whole forts in this thread then I go and look at the adventure forum where they have topics on killing the whole worlds sentient population and I laugh a little.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Nether

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 18, 2010, 01:26:21 pm »

I kinda just look at people talking about killing whole forts in this thread then I go and look at the adventure forum where they have topics on killing the whole worlds sentient population and I laugh a little.
Yeah, I think we'll just stay Stalin here and they can have the Mao-class.

Also, for some weird reason I can not seem to upload my fort...

Blackburn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 18, 2010, 03:43:14 pm »

Yeah, Fortress Mode fits Stalin and Adventurer Mode fits Mao.

It depends on who is dying: your own people, or everyone else?

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #71 on: March 18, 2010, 06:03:09 pm »

A little bit of column A and a little bit of column B and a lot of MAGMA
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]