Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Easy Ice Wall Creation  (Read 4380 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Easy Ice Wall Creation
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2010, 05:31:32 am »

Yeah, forgot to mention that. The fort was started before the new version came out. I need to finish it, so at least I can say I have one completed fortress to my name.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2010, 07:25:54 pm »

but then it would become an obsidian tower...

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2010, 07:46:03 pm »

I have a fifteen story tower I've built using ice. I cheated, though, and made an ice mold, and then turned off temperature and used a pump stack to fill it up with water from an aquifer, and then turned temperature on again. It's 48x48 tiles large, so I'm left wondering what I'm going to do with it. I have bit more space than I need for a two hundred man fort, I think.

This sounds like an incredibly interesting way to make a fortress. I think I'll try something like this myself sometime.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2010, 08:01:48 pm »

Just be sure that when you build yours, you don't go through two tantrum spirals so that a few dwarves (humans, in my case) decide that it'd be fun if they threw themselves into the mold, forcing you to delay your plans so that you can clear out their clothes and bones.

I had a lot of Fun building that tower.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Brandon816

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2010, 03:35:51 am »

Here's an idea. Make a fort with 2 towers, one with natural obsidian walls, the other with natural ice walls. If you are ok with modding in free resource reactions, you could also make a third out of crystal glass bars, a fourth out of slade, and a fifth, larger, central spire made of adamantine. Then connect them all in various places with 1-tile wide rickety towercap floor bridges. Oh, and cap that central spire with something that looks somewhat like the eye of sauron or something.

D***it, now I want to do this.
Pages: 1 [2]