Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Dwarf Troopers  (Read 2587 times)

Stas

• Bay Watcher
  • Procrastination
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Troopers
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2010, 06:55:13 pm »

You have failed me for the last time, Urist McNoble, now pull that lever.

No I'm not psychic. I just know that this is dwarf fortress. and the most stupidly awesome and inexplicable thing is probably going to be the first thing to happen.

Naes Draw

• Bay Watcher
  • She likes modding for their customizability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2010, 10:42:21 pm »

He should know better then to mandate green transparisteel windows.
[CREATURE:CAT]
   [NAME:sena cat:sena cat:sena cat]
   [INTELLIGENT] [MISCHIEVOUS] [FEMALE]
   [PREFSTRING:craziness]
   [SHOES:ITEM_SHOES_SHOES:UNCOMMON]
   [PERMITTED_JOB:MODDER]

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2010, 08:40:27 pm »

They won't reach high marksdwarf level due to the fact that they will be slaughtered cause of bad armor.
Have you ever seen a stormtrooper not go down immediately when hit by a blaster? I don't know why they even bother wearing armor, unless someone is using a Jedi crotch kick it seems pretty worthless.

Possibly the armor is to protect them from the sprays of metal vaporizing off the walls from missed shots, rather than direct hits?

The point of the armor is grazing shots. The point is that if you get hit in the arm, instead of taking your arm off and frying you, you will survive after spending the next three months in bacta therapy...

No, actually, the books (yeah, I read them) say that the armor is useless against direct hits, but not grazing shots or ricochets. In the books, the people get shot, and after they have bacta applied and some time to recover, they survive. The armor is to keep you from being completely taken apart when they nail you with a good blaster shot.

HOWEVER! When they drop a proton torp' on the base... ...

The rebel and storm trooper armor is the equivilent of paper bags. I'm guessing that all the good armor goes to making those spiffy bright-red badges put directly on the most visible shoulder of the commander, making him a nice, big target.

"Hmm, shoot this guy, or the guy commanding that guy..."
*Bang!*
"OH GOD! WHAT DO I DO NOW?!"

Exactly!
Quote from: Urist McDwarfFortress
You do not understand the ways of Toady One. He is not a business, he's just a guy trying to make a fun game. He's invited people to come along and experience the journey with him (and help him test it out as he goes along). At the end of the day, I don't think his main goal is to sell Dwarf Fortress, its just to create the best game possible.
Pages: 1 2 [3]