Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I request one fallen fortress please?  (Read 984 times)

de5me7

• Bay Watcher
  • urban spaceman
    • View Profile
I request one fallen fortress please?
« on: July 07, 2009, 12:54:02 pm »

imn not sure whether this a question or a suggestion, it will depend on peoples answers.

Id like to download an expansive dragon / megabeast / goblin infest fortress and attempt to retake it. Id like to download one because ive failed to build on my self. Partly due to my lack of fortress management skills (ever dwindling food stocks) partly due to the goblins running away from battles after 4 of 50 of them persih, and partly due to no signs of mega beasts at my fortress gates.

Is there an online database of fortresses? If not id like to suggest that there be one. If there isnt, does anyone reading this thread have a suitable fortress they could send me?

Ive been playing DF on and off for a few months now and my main issue with the game, is the lack of invasion threat and battle.
I haven't been able to get any vomit this release. Not any I can pick up, at any rate.
Swans, too. Swans are complete bastards.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
Re: I request one fallen fortress please?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2009, 01:06:08 pm »

lack of invasion threat and battle.
Survive longer by not starving then.
All the fun stuff happens when you have 80 dwarves.

I also suggest not using traps.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Ralith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2009, 01:09:48 pm »

...or use the orc mod.
Sig to be updated momentarily.

Scarpa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2009, 03:18:16 pm »

I have a fort where I dug out the HFS and then immediately abandoned. When I reclaimed I was given 70 dwarves and since the [REDACTED] are cloaked until they attacked great Fun was had.

I also have a fort that succumbed to a tantrum spiral and upon reclaiming I found out one of the two Dragons I had captured and not gotten around to taming got loose and had taken up residence.

You can have either or both if you'd like.

jokermatt999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2009, 11:49:58 pm »

I have a rather decent fort with magma, tree cap farm, chasm, decent workshop set up (sadly no flux), and...a horrible, horrible size 200 Bronze Colossus. I generated it at worldgen so it would survive and have an interesting history, and I can't take the bastard down. He's survived 3 full waves of reclaim dwarves fully frontal assaulting him. Also interestingly, he's a slow bugger. He destroyed the doors that held back my magma stores (resealed now), and melted his feet in the process, although he's otherwise unscathed. The fort itself is entirely sealed (afaik), and he roams the outside. The only concievable way to kill the monstrosity is by magmafying it. So far, he has 328 kills, the vast majority of which are from my reclaim efforts.

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=1188

Armok save ye.

TerminatorII

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Adamantine Skeleton]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2009, 02:00:04 am »

sounds like a challenge!
No, I think the cook would be in charge of sugar-coating the cows.

You are a lifesaver! Round and probably in tropical flavors.

jokermatt999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2009, 07:05:37 am »

Oh, it is. He basically one-shots anything he comes in contact with. Also, his hits have sent dwarves flying up to half a dozen screens away. It is terrifying and hilarious at the same time.

Samus1111111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2009, 08:37:35 am »

dude, downloaded that collosus map and he hits my guys so hard that as they are flying, they are going so fast that their limbs get ripped off :o

jokermatt999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2009, 04:51:42 pm »

Yeah, I highly doubt he is defeatable through combat. His wounds just heal in a few frames, and he never gets worse than light-gray wounds anyway. He's basically just a horrible force of nature that moves slowly, dealing instant death and job cancellation spam. By the way, if someone does eventually engineer his death via magma, please record it. Also, that fort should be pretty much self sufficient when resealed after entry, so you can take your time without much worry. I thought I sealed it off one reclaim attempt, and he managed to find a single diagonal tile to get inside and cause a massacre.

As an aside, I really wish I had recorded him melting his own feet off, as it was pretty hilarious. He was tromping around the room where I supply magma for my smelters, and decided to show of his [Building_destroyer] tag by smashing both doors that held back the magma. (Un?)fortunately, he managed to run/hobble away after destroying his feet.