Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Battle Mode / Alert Fortress & Militia  (Read 1845 times)

Quift

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Battle Mode / Alert Fortress & Militia
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2008, 04:52:00 am »

I would like a large bronze bell to be rang instead of a mere horn.

This would make me build a large and tall belltower which would be toggled so that the dwarves go to their stations.

I do not care much for the militia idea, but I do think that the Fortress Guard should be useful for something. maybe set a station point for them in case of emergency.

Its not that much of a hassle to put all the Haulers into a single squad, build a sqaud room with enough weapons and armor for each and every one of them, and eventully let them spar once in a while.

Also, there is no real problem in figthing anything given good planning ahead, sound defence plans and an organized entrance.

Mikademus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pirate ninja dwarves for great justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2008, 05:09:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by mickel:
<STRONG>

I've found to the contrary that a lot of people in a lot of forums (this too) get extremely upset for some reason if you post to a thread that hasn't been posted to in a while. Adding to existing threads seems the natural thing for me to do too, but after being admonished (ranging from "stern talking to" to "flamed to a crisp and then nearly banned") pretty much every forum I tried it, I started making new threads all the time too.</STRONG>

Yeah, the crowd crying "thread necromancy"... Never understood why people find it a bad thing to continue an old conversation.

The reason this place, and especially this sub-forum, is so hard on not unnecessarily starting new threads is because (1) we're drowning in them and (2) the current forum software lack the facilities to do anything about the noise problem (f.i. stickying, merging or splitting threads).

You are a pirate!

Quote from: Silverionmox
Quote from: bjlong
If I wanted to recreate the world of one of my favorite stories, I should be able to specify that there is a civilization called Groan, ruled by Earls from a castle called Gormanghast.
You won't have trouble supplying the Countess with cats, or producing the annual idols to be offerred to the castle. Every fortress is a pale reflection of Ghormenghast..

mickel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2008, 09:01:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Mikademus:
<STRONG>The reason this place, and especially this sub-forum, is so hard on not unnecessarily starting new threads is because (1) we're drowning in them and (2) the current forum software lack the facilities to do anything about the noise problem (f.i. stickying, merging or splitting threads).</STRONG>

Sounds like a cue to switch forum software, doesn't it?   :)

I>What happens in Nefekvucar stays in Nefekvucar.

weirdbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2008, 02:47:00 pm »

I like the way some people go on little "Ego Trips" in which they accuse other people of going on ego trips, and use the letter of the law to piss people off.

That aside, I love these ideas. It's an accurate summary (in my opinion) of a few ideas that have been tossed around, brought together and made to fit nicely. I hope they're implemented.

engel Bestraratheg, Mayor: Life is, in a word, pregnancy.

blackmain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2008, 03:57:00 pm »

Wonderful Ideas. This would eliminate a lot of annoying micromanaging that players have to do. It would also have a clue factor seeing all your dwarves scramble about with the horn is blown.
Pages: 1 [2]