Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Toady's Grand Fortunes  (Read 3585 times)

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
Re: Toady's Grand Fortunes
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2010, 11:44:36 pm »

Me too, as a society, we need to learn to respect other peoples' privacy, because it is none of our business.

On a different note, did anybody hear about Corey Haim's drug addiction? Man, that's as bad as Gary Oldman's alcoholism and Christian Bale abusing his family. I wonder if Simon Cowell and that other judge are going to date.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Dabi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2010, 11:47:31 pm »

Me too, as a society, we need to learn to respect other peoples' privacy, because it is none of our business.

On a different note, did anybody hear about Corey Haim's drug addiction? Man, that's as bad as Gary Oldman's alcoholism and Christian Bale abusing his family. I wonder if Simon Cowell and that other judge are going to date.
Funny, I don't watch the news when they begin with gossip.
Nor do I read those types of magazines...Nor do I even care for what actor plays in what movie.
People that do that type of stuff annoy me, its useless and very irritating when someone thinks I enjoy talking about gossip.

Hope it wasn't directed at me ;)
If a elf dies in a forest and only dwarfs are around to see it does anyone care?

Bricks

• Bay Watcher
  • Because you never need one brick.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2010, 12:04:03 am »

If privacy was an issue, the brothers Adams wouldn't put it out there.  Stalking them and tracking their purchases would be another thing.
EMPATHY - being able to feel other peoples' stuff.

NRN_R_Sumo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2010, 01:43:29 am »

I kinda figured people would cry about this.

This was meant to denote the prying people and show them some reality, not simply to say "Toady is poor" If you think thats what I was trying to say, then just chop off your fingers because you dont deserve to complain about what I've done. All you're doing is muddying what is good intentions.

Why do people always accuse those who try to help?

Honestly, I was just trying to convince people to donate a bit more by opening eyes.
A dwarf is nothing but an alcohol powered beard.

Dabi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2010, 01:54:30 am »

This was meant to denote the prying people and show them some reality, not simply to say "Toady is poor" If you think thats what I was trying to say, then just chop off your fingers because you dont deserve to complain about what I've done. All you're doing is muddying what is good intentions.

Honestly, I was just trying to convince people to donate a bit more by opening eyes.
If i'm not mistaken if he wanted to know how much he spends on food...and everything that he buys with his money he would of given us the details --- Unless he already has.
If a elf dies in a forest and only dwarfs are around to see it does anyone care?

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2010, 01:57:00 am »

Arthas also just wanted to save Lordaeron.

ARE YOU TRYING TO TURN TOADY INTO AN UNDEAD CESSPIT, NRN?
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Kitpup

• Bay Watcher
  • The Fuzzy One
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2010, 01:57:25 am »

If i'm not mistaken if he wanted to know how much he spends on food...and everything that he buys with his money he would of given us the details --- Unless he already has.

Unless he thought that would be inappropriate, but now that the subject has been brought up it's up to him whether to or not and not up to us to cry 'Invasion of privacy!'
Quote from: My Brain
Dig little diggah, dig!
Yes they are a bunch of drunken unstable retards, but they're MY drunken unstable retards, and I will take care of them.

Dabi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2010, 02:18:07 am »

Unless he thought that would be inappropriate, but now that the subject has been brought up it's up to him whether to or not and not up to us to cry 'Invasion of privacy!'
I don't see him doing that though. How would he word it without people going "So we donate to you but we can't have a right to see what our moneys going towards!?"

Garrie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://Facebook.com
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2010, 03:14:30 am »

I've been seeing a lot of accusations lately thrown about toady's grand fortunes of donations
Up to here I'm right with you.
Then you get a bit scary for a while.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Total Donations 2009: $32516.44
Considering how talented he is, how much of a following he has, and all those other factors, he could be working for some big game company as a programmer making around $80000 more than the $32500 quite easily.

Anyone who thinks he is tossing our money around and not giving anything back to us is simply a fool.

I'm going to make a donation now myself, and it will be the best 20 dollars I have ever spent in my life.

I agreed with the start, and the finish. The rest is called "over-selling".
Personally, when the update comes, I'm donating.
Is there any way to remove mud outdoors?
Yea, use dirt roads to clear off the mud.
Garrie.

NRN_R_Sumo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2010, 05:18:28 am »

Arthas also just wanted to save Lordaeron.

ARE YOU TRYING TO TURN TOADY INTO AN UNDEAD CESSPIT, NRN?

..Well.. it would be kinda Fun.  ;)

also I Did contact Toady yesterday after posting this to see if he was willing to help put some more accurate stats together on my donations message.
but if toady feels that this is too much of an invasion then I'm perfectly fine with him closing it.
A dwarf is nothing but an alcohol powered beard.

Garrie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://Facebook.com
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2010, 05:33:32 am »

also I Did contact Toady yesterday after posting this to see if he was willing to help put some more accurate stats together on my donations message.
You aren't asking for "stats" you are asking for one persons "personal expense ledger" - which is pretty personal and nobodys business.

Shit even if he was raking in $200k/yr out of donations, it would be because the game is just so good.
but if toady feels that this is too much of an invasion then I'm perfectly fine with him closing it.
Happy to hear that the guy who runs the site has your permission to close posts...
Is there any way to remove mud outdoors?
Yea, use dirt roads to clear off the mud.
Garrie.

Dabi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2010, 06:28:40 am »

Like before as i mentioned.
I doubt toady will close this thread, if he does a bunch of people will start useless rants like "We should know what he spends "OUR" money on" even though they donated - quote "Donated"

If toady wanted us to know everything he spends money on, he'd post it.

The main issue i have with this thread is this.
Why does it matter how much hes spending? It's saying "ok..guys he got his 1.3 thousand this month, ENOUGH! he needs no more!"
"Guys hes getting to much money..3 thousand this month!"

Kitpup

• Bay Watcher
  • The Fuzzy One
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2010, 08:39:03 am »

It matters because people are bitching about donations. There's rather a large ? where expense information is, and the amount made off of donations is either quite a bit or next to nothing, depending on those expenses. All, literally ALL, this is doing is clearing the air.
Quote from: My Brain
Dig little diggah, dig!
Yes they are a bunch of drunken unstable retards, but they're MY drunken unstable retards, and I will take care of them.

Cymsdale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2010, 09:48:51 am »

It matters because people are bitching about donations. There's rather a large ? where expense information is, and the amount made off of donations is either quite a bit or next to nothing, depending on those expenses. All, literally ALL, this is doing is clearing the air.

I fail to see how this is useful in any way. If you want to support the game, donate, if you don't, don't. A donation shouldn't be based on the lifestyle you perceive the developer to deserve from his efforts.

Dabi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2010, 09:51:49 am »

Well that just simplified everything I was trying to say Cymsdale.
Pages: 1 [2]