Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Respite for waterless maps?  (Read 695 times)

Talanic

• Bay Watcher
  • Struggling author / pizza delivery guy.
    • View Profile
Respite for waterless maps?
« on: March 09, 2010, 05:28:24 pm »

I was browsing the Wiki and I came across the Blizzard Man.  His corpse turns into a puddle of water when he's killed...NEAT!

So what if someone wanted to create a water-bearing creature (walking cactus?) or mod in that aspect to a normal critter (camel?) to allow players to create their own wells by importing creatures for the purpose of slaughtering them for their juicy, delicious watery flesh?

Now, I haven't got the time at the moment, but if anyone's able to experiment, let me know!
I'm an aspiring Science Fiction and Fantasy writer.  I'm telling the tale of a hapless cyborg everyman lost in a savage fantasy world.

My first review from a real magazine!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Respite for waterless maps?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2010, 05:53:05 pm »

Code: [Select]
[ITEMCORPSE:LIQUID_MISC:NO_SUBTYPE:WATER:NO_MATGLOSS]
Doesn't quite work as it should. As far as I know this matgloss entry does precisely the same thing as STONE:NO_SUBTYPE:WATER (and/or STONE:NO_SUBTYPE:ICE, I can't remember which is the right one) which is create a stone called "water" instead of actual water. This is the same issue as that encountered when mining out ice.

Talanic

• Bay Watcher
  • Struggling author / pizza delivery guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2010, 06:43:17 pm »

Alas.  I tested and confirmed, now.  Doesn't work, but was worth a shot.
I'm an aspiring Science Fiction and Fantasy writer.  I'm telling the tale of a hapless cyborg everyman lost in a savage fantasy world.

My first review from a real magazine!

sunshaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2010, 06:43:51 pm »

STONE:NO_SUBTYPE:STONE:WATER

I keep meaning to try PRODUCT:100:980:LIQUID_MISC:NO_SUBTYPE:WATER:NO_MATGLOSS
It sure would be cool to make 14 squares of 7/7 water in a Smelter, but the general consensus is that it would make a stack of water (980).