Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: End of the Road Arena - CRS 1.1 (work still in progress as of 25 June 2010)  (Read 5030 times)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: End of the Road Arena - CRS 1.1 (fixing in progress)
« Reply #45 on: March 26, 2010, 01:39:27 pm »

If you go with a format like DF's raws, you'll almost always know what to expect when. I tested the idea with (the beginnings of) an RTD tracker program, and it turned out rather nice.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Sadist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: End of the Road Arena - CRS 1.1 (fixing in progress)
« Reply #46 on: March 26, 2010, 01:58:34 pm »

Quote from: Sean Mirrsen
If you go with a format like DF's raws, you'll almost always know what  to expect when.
  I think that will work. I had a look at one of the raws previously for inspiration and thought it looked too complicated but looking again it might just have been that I was looking in the body raws for weapon data or something similar. That might explain why I was thinking of using ':' to separate variable names and values too. Thanks for the help.

Sadist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just an 'I'm not dead' update. I'll change the topic title to reflect continued work in future.

Regarding the program that I'm coding to help me run this game, I've mostly been working on getting it to read and write files which I think is working properly so far (I haven't tested to see if it can read its output properly, I'll cover that while working on the simulation code). The simulation code has only had some basic components implemented (match time seems to be updating properly, each action's time_till_completion seems to be updating properly, each action's delay also seems to be decreasing properly, each action's AP_accumulated... thought I was missing something).

To speed up the completion of the program I'm taking some shortcuts (action types being hard-coded into the program instead of read from the file as an example) so I will be reworking it sometime during the first few matches.

For anyone who is interested, here is the current input/output file pair (don't worry, you won't need to understand it to play):

Spoiler: Input (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Output (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]