Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: GCS Aren't Breeding  (Read 2244 times)

Noble Digger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: GCS Aren't Breeding
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2010, 01:02:26 am »

My long-term plan is for these three to breed and form a society inside their enclosure. Eventually I plan to let them loose on the HFS and see who is the superior species...
quib·ble
1. To evade the truth or importance of an issue by raising trivial distinctions and objections.
2. To find fault or criticize for petty reasons; cavil.

Firehound

• Bay Watcher
  • !!human!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2010, 04:33:31 pm »

Heh. Somehow the GCS prevail against the Clowns. especially against the flaming clown would be the upset.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Gladius_Lucix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2010, 07:08:18 pm »

I don't know if this is the problem or not, but I thought animals had to be tamed to breed?
Resistance is NOT futile, IT MAKES TOAST!

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2010, 07:15:11 pm »

You need the dungeon master before feature creatures like GCS will breed. Certainly that's how it was for my giant olms and naked mole dogs. Strangely enough though, my frogmen and lizardmen never bred even after going through six dungeon masters, so there are other factors involved.

All animals listed above were wild.

Also, if you added the population and frequency tags after world gen, they won't actually take effect in your current game as far as I know, because those tags help determine and are based off pre-existing populations in world gen.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 07:18:00 pm by darkflagrance »
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2010, 08:40:55 pm »

You need the dungeon master, you also need to get atleast ONE of the species in a cage at some point, doesn't need to be tamed, just caught.  The dungeon master affects the breeding of all subterranean creatures, natural, tamed, ect.  They can't breed without him or being caught atleast once.
Nom nom nom

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2010, 09:52:37 pm »

Really? I've experienced breeding of wild naked mole dogs without having even discovered their chasm, and I never set up a single cage trap near the river where the giant olms were multiplying. Therefore, I don't think capturing or taming one is a factor.

But the trigger is definitely the dungeon master.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2010, 11:11:40 pm »

If they are EXOTIC, then wild or tamed, they will not breed at all. That's why creatures like Giant Rats and Moles typically die out. They have short lifespans, and the DM doesn't arrive until it's too late.
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"
Pages: 1 [2]