Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: One of them 'RTD' thingies. Oh wait no this idea sucks.  (Read 8613 times)

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile

heh you could always *looks around* let me help you.....

Batista

• Bay Watcher
  • On the Devil's Dance Floor
    • View Profile

heh you could always *looks around* let me help you.....

I'd prefer you just stayed quiet in your corner, I have a bleeding nose and a fairly battered condition thanks to you

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile

Find a market to sell my reed mats at.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile

Go inside Gatta, and find some sort of inn to rest at.

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: One of them 'RTD' thingies. Oh wait no this idea sucks.
« Reply #79 on: April 28, 2010, 01:11:34 pm »

Hmm.
Hmmmm.

Ayup.
On second thoughts, this RTD sucks and I refuse to continue it. The story is overly linear and does not allow for fucking about, which (last time I checked) is exactly what makes an RTD fun.
Whoops!

Anyway I am not going to update this any more, sorry.
Long Live United Forenia!

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 28, 2010, 01:25:36 pm »

Can you at least tell us what the story was about?
All generalizations are false....including this one.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 28, 2010, 02:19:31 pm »

Can you at least tell us what the story was about?

Yes.

You were Scientists working at some big research company. One of the multiple projects developed by said company was a Time Machine. One day, one of your colleagues, who was in charge of the project, went missing. Evidence suggested he used the time machine. After some deliberation, you followed him. In the far past, you uncovered notes from your colleague informing you that he has left the area, along with notes as to how to find him.
You hired some local tribesmen to guide you to the carvings that he talked of in his notes.

However! It was to turn out that your colleague had in fact set the time machine to send you 500 years later in the past then him. He has since united most of the world under his 'Immortal Empire' (oh did I mention you are from the Future and thus do not age). The 'notes' you found were actually planted by his agents, and the carvings were in fact a series of hypnotic commands.
When you read them they sent you into unconsciousness and wiped your memory, leaving behind subconscious urges. Your guides (also your colleagues agents) removed things that would give away the game too soon and left you by the carvings (enter the game here).
The tents were the tents of you and your guides. Your guides had removed everything from them and set a spell upon them to fright you away from the area, which was littered with evidence of the Immortal Emperor's deceit.
The burnt note that Jetsquirrel found was from one of your journals.

The story from then on was to be you, pulled by the subconscious commands, touring the Empire. You would see vast monuments erected in your colleagues honour, witness and attempt to aid (a futile attempt) a group of rebels, and learn how the Empire was uniting all the world under one banner, all in service of your colleague's whims. Eventually, you would confront the Emperor (hopefully having figured out that he was your colleague by then and regained your memories), and commence an epic boss battle against him, the outcome of which was to be truly undetermined.
Long Live United Forenia!

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 28, 2010, 04:20:50 pm »

That doesn't sound all that linear.  Still, if you can't do it, you can't do it; I understand.  Thanks for the fun times we had though, and thanks a lot for the notice of cancellation; gives at least some sense of closure.
All generalizations are false....including this one.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]