Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: -snop-  (Read 16226 times)

LordShotGun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven Sex, OR The Making of Gimli
« Reply #45 on: March 03, 2010, 09:52:31 pm »

you must post the whole paper, in the name of DWARVEN SCIENCE

Please do that would be awesome.
Must... eat... demon raaaaaaat! ARGLEBARGLEBARGLEBARGLE *CRASH* OMNOMNOMNOMNOM.

Tastes like... SAAAATAAAAAAAN!

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
-snop-
« Reply #46 on: March 03, 2010, 10:19:54 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 12:39:31 am by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 03, 2010, 11:11:37 pm »

You obviously have a good relationship with this professor, so try debating him/her on one of these issues. Human Sexuality is actually a viable field of study, especially since sex is arguably the most important action we perform (because we reproduce in this way). I know people who are majoring in this, and they are quite intellectual.

If your prof is as open-minded as they seem to be from the mark you received, I'd say you owe it to both them and yourself to begin some sort of back and forth.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

neek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 04, 2010, 10:58:10 pm »

I don't think the paper is too much bullshit--not at least what I read of it. The interesting thing that I'm noting is that it got you to care just a little more for the class than if you hadn't written it. Though that's not the most interesting part, the most interesting part is that your instructor not only let you approach this topic (though to us tongue-in-cheek, you wrote it with slightly more maturity), but also gave you good marks on it.

The real question is, however, is what does Dwarven sexual behavior say about human sexuality?

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 04, 2010, 11:21:52 pm »

Because its rather reflective i guess. Df is made and played by Humans so it tells something about these Humans aka Tarn, Zach and the Community.

I would wonder if there is space for a followup for this paper.
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]